Position: ASSISTANT COOK
Total Vacancy: 10 Male/Female
Duties and Responsibilities
• While the day-to-day duties of cook assistants are determined by their employer, there are many core tasks associated with the role.
• Based on our analysis of job listings, these include Maintain Kitchen Cook assistants ensure the kitchen, including all appliances and utensils, is clean.
• They clean and sanitize work areas and equipment according to establishment protocol, deep-cleaning equipment and work areas as needed.
• During food service, the cook assistant is responsible for keeping the station fully stocked and in working order.
• They also maintain food production records, notify supervisors when supplies are low, unpack deliveries, and restock work areas.
• Prepare Ingredients Cook assistants are responsible for preparing ingredients prior to meal service, such as chopping vegetables, butchering meat, or cleaning seafood.
• They also assist the head chef in cooking dishes according to set recipes.
• Store and Dispose of Food A cook assistant is usually responsible for the storage of food, both incoming stock and leftovers.
• They often unload delivery trucks and ensure that food is stored in the appropriate conditions.
• After food service, the cook assistant is responsible for determining if leftovers of either prepared or partially prepared food can be reused or if they must be disposed of.
Education Required: GCE ´´O´´ Level
Age: 23 - 38 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 400 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 20/09/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !