Position: Assistant Construction Supervisor (Offshore)
Total Vacancy: 8 Male/Female
• The Assistant Construction Supervisor reports directly to the Construction Supervisor.
• He/She is responsible to act on SCOPE instruction from the Construction Supervisor and shall coordinate the activities of all tradesman and personnel under his control, to ensure that the tasks allocated to him are executed according to the drawings, specifications, COMPANY and International Standards, and in a safe and efficient manner, by organizing and planning his SCOPE correctly.
• His/Her general duties are similar to those of the Construction Supervisor but with diminished responsibility and authority.
• He/She must be able to interpret drawings and specifications and translate them into understandable terms
• He/She is to be involved in specific areas such as the checking of construction materials, pre-fabricated spools and structural members ensuring that they are available on-board and are in accordance with the drawings. He should liaise with the Advance Scaffolder and ensure that the scaffolding is planned and erected in good time to avoid delays.
• He/She should be fully aware of the construction plan and familiar with the time required to execute most construction activities. Any delays in an activity should be brought to the attention of the Construction Supervisor, to make an assessment on the effect to the overall programme.
• Prior to the start of any SCOPE he shall have reviewed the SCOPE and be completely familiar with all technical and manual requirements.
Qualification & Competencies
• Must have completed an engineering apprenticeship, (mechanical preferred) have a minimum qualification of Technician Level certificate with 8 years’ experience in maintenance and construction in the oil and gas industry including 5 years in a supervisory capacity in an offshore environment. He must also be aware of the requirements of the hazardous area classifications.
• He/She must be able to read and understand drawing and specifications and be fully familiar with all piping fittings and components including piping materials and pressure classifications. He must be conversant with oil fiend and construction terminology.
• He/She should have a good appreciation of all relative International Standards and Codes of Practice in addition to COMPANY specifications.
• He/She shall fully familiar with the BSP Permit procedure including online permit system.
• He/She shall be skilled on Computer and able to read, write and speak English.
• Adheres to all HR and company policies and procedures.
• Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
Policies, Systems, Processes &; Procedures
• Follow all relevant departmental policies, processes, standard operating procedures and instructions so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
Quality &HSE Requirement
• Foster a climate and culture where Quality / HSE issues are addressed effectively and speedily, as part of everyone’s normal function.
• Achieve and comply with the Quality / HSE Plan.
• Ensure compliance of Company policies / procedures
• Responsible for all the safety of personnel.
• Maintenance and care of all quality equipment.
*salary is negotiable subject to years of experience and skills
**only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
Education Required: Higher National Diploma (HND) or equivalent
Age: 30 - 45 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 65 / Day
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 01/02/2020
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !