Position: Assistant Cook
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
Purpose of position
• Assist the chef/cook and prepare all culinary dishes that are prepared in the kitchen.
• The assistant cook coordinates the work of the kitchen staff in order to achieve a smooth operation/production section with the objective of Achieving Excellent Standards of Efficiency and Service.
• This is an entry-level of cleanliness in the kitchen.
• The assistant cook washes dishes, helps the cook prepare/plate guest, and assists other food service staff as necessary, and performs a schedule of organizational and cleaning duties.
Assistant Cook Duties
• Performs any combination of following duties to maintain kitchen work areas and restaurant equipment and utensils in clean and orderly condition: sweeps and mops floors
• Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators, and meat blocks.
• Segregates and removes trash and garbage and places it in designated containers.
• Sorts battles, and breaks disposable ones in bottle-crushing machine.
• Washes pots, pans and trays by hand.
• Scrapes food from dirty dishes and washes them by hand or places them in racks or an conveyor to dish washing machine.
• Polishes silver, using burnishing-machine tumbler, chemical dip, buffing wheel, and hand cloth.
• Holds inverted glasses over revolving brushes to clean inside surfaces.
• Transfers supplies and equipment between storage and work areas by hand or by use of hand truck
• Washes and peels vegetables, using knife or peeling machine.
• The basic preparation of food and beverages including the preparation of vegetables.
• Simple cooking including the reconstitution of prepared food.
• Ensure that all preset standards for food production, food service and presentation are to be strictly followed at all times in order to maintain consistency.
• Ensure that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with company food safety guidelines.
• Keep up to date with new recipes and preparation techniques.
• Keep work station clean and adhere to health and safety regulations.
• Ensure the highest standards and quality in the daily preparation
• Ensure Fridge’s/freezers are well organized and all spoilage is disposed properly.
• Operate all kitchen equipment and conduct themselves with safety in mind at all times.
• Ensure adequacy of bakery supplies at the workstations.
• Optimized the baking process with attention to speed and quality.
• Report any and all deficiencies in kitchen equipment functionality and quality of food products to sous chef.
• Prepares lists of food products required for station.
• Maintain a detailed knowledge of the full menu and be able to explain dish description.
• Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
Education Required: National Vocational Certificate (NVC) or equivalent (NTC)
Age: 20 - 35 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 400 / Month
Allowances: B$ 50
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 18/07/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !