Position: Assistant Manager
Total Vacancy: 1 Male
• able to until late night or overtime to meet deadline Plan staffing levels.
• Work with Human Resources staff to recruit, interview, select, hire, and employ an appropriate number of employees.
• Provide oversight and direction to the employees in the operating unit in accordance with the organization´s policies and procedures.
• Coach, mentor and develop staff, including overseeing new employee onboarding and providing career development planning and opportunities.
• Empower employees to take responsibility for their jobs and goals.
• Delegate responsibility and expect accountability and regular feedback.
• Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among department members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution, and the appreciation of diversity as well as cohesiveness, supportiveness, and working effectively together to enable each employee and the department to succeed.
• Consciously create a workplace culture that is consistent with the overall organization´s and that emphasizes the identified mission, vision , guiding principles , and values of the organization.
• Lead employees using a performance management and development process that provides an overall context and framework to encourage employee contribution and includes goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning.
• Lead employees to meet the organization´s expectations for productivity, quality, and goal accomplishment.
• Provide effective performance feedback through employee recognition , rewards, and disciplinary action , with the assistance of Human Resources, when necessary.
• Maintain employee work schedules including assignments, job rotation , training, vacations and paid time off, telecommuting, cover for absenteeism , and overtime scheduling.
• Maintain transparent communication.
• Appropriately communicate organization information through department meetings, one-on-one meetings, and appropriate email, IM, and regular interpersonal communication.
• Perform Department Management
• Manage the overall operational, budgetary, and financial responsibilities and activities of the department.
• Plan and implement systems that perform the work and fulfill the mission and the goals of the department efficiently and effectively.
• Plan and allocate resources to effectively staff and accomplish the work to meet departmental productivity and quality goals.
• Plan, evaluate, and improve the efficiency of business processes and procedures to enhance speed, quality, efficiency, and output.
• Make business decisions that are financially responsible, accountable, justifiable, and defensible in accordance with organization policies and procedures.
• Establish and maintain relevant controls and feedback systems to monitor the operation of the department.
• Review performance data that includes financial, sales, and activity reports and spreadsheets, to monitor and measure departmental productivity, goal achievement , and overall effectiveness.
• Manage the preparation and maintenance of reports necessary to carry out the functions of the department.
• Prepares periodic reports for management, as necessary or requested, to track strategic goal accomplishment.
• Communicate regularly with other managers, the director, vice president , president, and other designated contacts within the organization.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities, as assigned.
• To perform the manager jobsuccessfully, an employee must perform each essential responsibility satisfactorily.
• These requirements are representative, but not all-inclusive, of the knowledge, skills, and abilities required to lead in the role of manager.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these essential functions.
Education Required: Higher National Diploma (HND) or equivalent
Age: 25 - 35 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 700 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 24/08/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !