Position: Assistant Manager - Wholesale / Distribution
Total Vacancy: 1 Male
• The Assistant Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of the business to ensure both short and long-term objectives are met.
Key responsibilities include:
• operations (Distribution, and processing), profitability (sales, inventory management, cost controls, maintenance), administration (human resources, accounting, payroll, IT).
• Identifies and implements opportunities for improvement. Develops capital projects, provides capital and product cost information, recommends and leads organizational change, manages projects and processes.
• Provides leadership, coaching and motivation to develop the management team while ensuring a productive, safe and quality driven work environment.
• This role will require the ability to challenge commercial and financial aspects of the business to drive and improve performance.
• Specifically this involves analysis, interpretation and reporting of results including identifying opportunities and applying commercial acumen to ensure timely and robust decision making.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSABILITIES:
• Develops Annual budget. Manages and contains costs in line with approved budget and prepare Project forecasting analysis.
• Designs and implements sound business strategy for growing, marketing, storage, packing, sales, and distribution.
• Assumes responsibility for the ultimate annual profitability of the company.
• Works with Sales team to drive and achieve sales targets, while maximizing profitability.
• Ensures equipment is maintained and in safe operating condition and achieve maximum effectiveness.
• Liaison with local, regional, and federal agencies and customers to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
• Develop business by gaining new contracts, analyzing customer problems and producing new solutions
• Ensure quality service and product to our customers and conducting regular inspections.
• Customer focus with proven ability in developing and managing relationships at all levels.
• Provides accurate accounting of product cost and profit margin analysis. · Provides a safe and fair working environment for all employees.
• Ensures processes, procedures and training is in place to maximize profitability and ensuring worker safety.
• Monitors internal controls to ensure all product sold is billed, materials purchased are authorized, and payroll is correctly issued.
• Responsible for ensuring all safety protocols are followed, including food safety and worker safety.
• Develop and implement strategy to ensure and meet our customers for their satisfaction while maintaining a profitable operation.
• Stay up-to-date with evolving industry trends in growing, technology and food safety, etc.
• Ability to lead by example and foster a harmonious and safe work environment.
• Use IT systems to manage stock levels, delivery times and transport cost.
• Use associated information systems to coordinate and control the order cycle.
• Use data from IT systems to evaluate performance and quality and to plan improvements.
• Allocate and manage staff resources according to changing needs.
• Other duties and special projects as requested.
• Proven ability to lead diverse groups as well as work as part of a cross-functional team.
• Adequate knowledge of business and management principles (Accounting, budgeting, planning, resource allocation, human resources).
• Strong analytical skills to support cost management and process improvement opportunities.
• Working knowledge of financial analysis principles.
• Thorough understanding of strong marketing strategy plans & food safety,
• Project management experience.
• Excellent communication skills are required, including both verbal and written presentational skills as well as good leadership qualities.
• Must have excellent interpersonal skills and understand the importance of customer services.
• Superior organizational skills; time management, planning, scheduling, and meeting deadlines.
• Strong computer skills
Education Required: Higher National Certificate (HNC) or equivalent
Age: 35 - 50 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 1, 200 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 08/04/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !