Position: Audio Visual Technician
Total Vacancy: 1 Male
Purpose of Role
To provide audio visual support for the Hotel in-room services and events.
Core Job Functions
1. To provide an excellent audio visual guest experience by
a - Follow the information in the event order and professionally deliver the clients requirements.
b - Delivering service standards to achieve LQA +90%.
c - Work with the audio visual team and CCS to recommend the most cost effective options to deliver the clients requirements.
d - Demonstrate audio visual knowledge and offer advice and guidance to the client
e - Anticipating the client’s needs during events.
f - As required carry out preventative maintenance on hotel bedroom televisions
g - Maintain clean and tidy storage and working areas
2. To deliver service exceeding clients expectations through
a - Handling all enquiries accurately, efficiently, courteously and patiently
b - Recognising returning clients and acknowledging them by name and their preferences
c - Initiating verbal communication to support understanding
d - Engaging with and making clients feel welcome as individuals
e - Knowing about the Hotel services and politely assisting with all general guest enquiries
f - Being conversant with and applying hotel procedures for fire and security alerts
g - Supporting the safety and care of others according to the Health and Safety policy
3. Comply with the department’s cost management efficiencies by
a - Ensuring equipment is both used and stored correctly to extend its life
b - Handling all equipment carefully to prevent damage and breakages
c - Reporting any faulty equipment immediately to minimise further damage/ repairs
4. Behave according to the Hotel values
Collaboration - work effectively, reliably and inclusively with everyone to achieve the vision
a - Build and maintain beneficial productive work relationships
b - Work positively together and hold yourself and others accountable
c - Proactively support and set others up for success
Excellence - demonstrate determination, resourcefulness and purpose to deliver the best results.
a - Focus and strive for perfection in style, manner, taste and presentation
b - Confront reality and ‘fix’ with discipline and urgency
c - Think proactively, establish clear priorities and be organised
Trust - inspire confidence by always being caring, fair, honest and transparent with all
a - Do the right thing and deliver on promises
b - Talk straight, handle differences with others directly, as they occur, always seeking a solution
c - Show loyalty by giving credit and speaking positively about others in their absence
• The job functions outlined above are a general guideline to the work required in this role and are not limited to the above.
• It is to be understood that the specific duties may be changed as required to meet the purpose of the role and the prevailing business and organizational needs.
• Initiative and flexibility in adjusting to these is essential in meeting the requirements of the role.
Responsibility of Role
1. AV equipment
2. Maintenance of AV equipment
3. Maintenance of in room television equipment
4. Work safely
5. Work collaboratively
6. Guest relations
Person Specification Education
• No formal education qualifications required
• Good standard of written and verbal English (essential)
• Additional languages such as Chinese, Japanese or Korean or would be an advantage (desirable)
a - Minimum of 1 year in Sound and Light industry (Desirable)
b - At least 2 years working in Brunei to understand the cultural (Desirable)
c - Previous experience of working in guest services (Desirable)
d - Some experience in a similar position in a hotel (Desirable)
a - Audio visual skill & knowledge (Desirable)
b - Written and oral proficiency in English (Essentials)
c - Other language such as Malay and Chinese (Desirable)
d - Service oriented training (Essentials)
e - Computer literate – Word & Excel (Essentials)
a - Ability to work under pressure
b - Highly motivated
c - Teamwork
d - Hard Working
e - Disciplined
Age: 30 - 55 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 725 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Benefit: Duty Meal, Uniform, etc
Closing date: 13/05/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !