Position: Building Inspector
Total Vacancy: 3 Male
Building Inspector Responsibilities:
• Conducting land surveys prior to construction.
• Reviewing blueprints and building plans.
• Checking foundation depth and the strength of construction materials.
• Inspecting the building structure, plumbing, electrical, sewerage, and heating systems for safety and specification compliance.
• Examining cranes and other lifting equipment.
• Maintaining daily construction logs and ensuring that the construction site adheres to all safety codes.
• Measuring dimensions to verify alignment, elevation, and levelling of the building.
• Monitoring plumbing, heating, and electrical installations.
• Issuing of violation notices and stop-work orders.
• Signing and issuing construction and occupation permits.
Building Inspector Requirements:
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture or Building Inspection Technology.
• Proven work experience as a Building Inspector.
• Knowledge of construction design techniques.
• Knowledge of construction materials, plumbing, electrical systems, heating systems, and sewerage systems.
• Advanced mathematical skills.
• Ability to make difficult decisions.
• Ability to read and understand blueprints and construction designs.
• Ability to travel and work irregular hours.
• A good eye for detail.
Education Required: First Degree or equivalent
Age: 25 - 45 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 2, 000 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 18/01/2020
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !