Position: CHEF DE PARTIE PATISSIER
Total Vacancy: 4 Male/Female
• Assists the Executive Pastry Chef with implementation and preparation of all pastry food items, using standardized recipes, as directed by the Executive Chef.
• Provide the culinary vision that inspires and motivates pastry staff to deliver an exceptional “world class” dining experience
• Responsible for pastry department when Chef Patisserie is not available.
• Monitors and enforces all standard operating procedures and provides feedback to management
• Coordinate all pastry and bakery offerings, including group offerings and special requests
• Monitor all Pastry/Bakery Culinary standards in Kitchen.
• Prepare and lead culinary team through multiple internal inspections conducted on a weekly basis
• Oversee proper menu preparation for all allergy and special dietary needs; ensure training and preparation are in accordance with strict company guidelines
• Monitor handling and maintenance of operating equipment; proactively report maintenance needs through onboard electronic maintenance request system
• Strive to meet and exceed guest expectations, never compromising safety and quality, taking corrective action whenever necessary
• Broaden the understanding of the wet / dry/ pastry’s kitchen exemplify professional standards, communication, development, work habits and productivity
• Sees that quality standards are followed and takes corrective action when needed
• Understands and instructs his crew in the preparation of pastries, cakes and crèmes
• Attends weekly culinary meeting as well as any other meetings called for by management
• Emergency Duties at any time of the day.
• Safety Management System - uphold the general safety management responsibilities specified in SMS in areas and operations under their control.
• Minimum 5 years Chef de Partie experience within fine dining Patisserie, equivalency of 1 star Michelin or above
• Strong Western/European find dining training and skills
• Excellent working knowledge of pastry and bakery products, services, and equipment
• Ability to calculate and convert recipes
• Be able to speak, read and write fluent English
• Be able to work a six-day a week.
• Enjoy working in a high-volume, fast-paced, guest-service oriented environment
• Be flexible with your work schedule, job duties and work locations
• Certified Pastry Chef or equivalent degree in Culinary Arts preferred.
• Training in full pastry operations
Education Required: First Degree or equivalent
Age: 30 - 40 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 1, 400 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 06/09/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !