Position: Commercial Diver
Total Vacancy: 1 Male
- Carry out non-destructive testing such as tests for cracks on the legs of oil rigs at sea.
- Check and maintain diving equipment such as helmets, masks, air tanks, harnesses and gauges.
- Communicate with workers on the surface while underwater, using signal lines or telephones.
- Cut and weld steel, using underwater welding equipment, jigs, and supports.
- Descend into water with the aid of diver helpers, using scuba gear or diving suits.
- Inspect and test docks, ships, bouyage systems, plant intakes and outflows, and underwater pipelines, cables, and sewers, using closed circuit television, still photography, and testing equipment.
- Install pilings or footings for piers and bridges.
- Install, inspect, clean, and repair piping and valves.
- Obtain information about diving tasks and environmental conditions.
- Operate underwater video, sonar, recording, and related equipment to investigate underwater structures or marine life.
- Perform activities related to underwater search and rescue, salvage, recovery, and cleanup operations.
- Perform offshore oil and gas exploration and extraction duties such as conducting underwater surveys and repairing and maintaining drilling rigs and platforms.
- Recover objects by placing rigging around sunken objects, hooking rigging to crane lines, and operating winches, derricks, or cranes to raise objects.
- Remove obstructions from strainers and marine railway or launching ways, using pneumatic and power hand tools.
- Repair ships, bridge foundations, and other structures below the water line, using caulk, bolts, and hand tools.
- Salvage wrecked ships and/or their cargo, using pneumatic power velocity and hydraulic tools, and explosive charges when necessary.
- Set or guide placement of pilings and sandbags to provide support for structures such as docks, bridges, cofferdams, and platforms.
- Take appropriate safety precautions, such as monitoring dive lengths and depths, and registering with authorities before diving expeditions begin.
- Take test samples and photographs to assess the condition of vessels and structures.
- Drill holes in rock, and rig explosives for underwater demolitions.
- Remove rubbish and pollution from the sea.
- Cultivate and harvest marine species, and perform routine work on fish farms.
- Set up dive sites for recreational instruction.
- Supervise and train other divers, including hobby divers.
Age: 30 - 50 years old
Basic Salary: B$ 1, 000 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 04/08/2018
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !