Position: Construction Supervisor (Offshore)
Total Vacancy: 4 Male/Female
• The Construction Supervisor reports directly to Offshore Maintenance Leads, Offshore maintenance supervisors, and onshore campaign engineers.
• Directly responsible to the COMPANY nominated personnel for all offshore construction activities.
• He / She shall be responsible for ensuring that these activities are conducted strictly in accordance with all safety codes, design and technical specifications. That the SCOPE is at all times done safely in an efficient manner and that all construction equipment for use shall be maintained in a safe operating condition.
• He / She shall ensure that proper records/registers are kept updated. These records shall relate to movable items, imprest stock, tools and equipment, lifting equipment, crew rosters/schedules.
• He / She shall ensure that all his personnel are fully conversant with safe Working practices and that such are implemented.
• His / Her position shall include responsibility for the on-site training of subordinate personnel. He will implement a job progression programme for the purposes of ensuring that a constant source of experience is available at all times to cover for absences, and to ensure that Brunei Citizens become experienced in the industry.
• He / She shall continually monitor the status of the SCOPE to ensure it is being done in the most efficient manner and that all materials/consumable are available.
• At all times he / she shall ensure that WORKSITES are kept clean and safe.
• He / She shall ensure that all documentation and status reporting are prepared accurately and timely including DPR and POB.
• He / She shall ensure timely CNF of SCOPE orders upon completion of all activities of SCOPE order.
• His / Her prime task is to install offshore oil and gas facilities in accordance with COMPANY and International Standards, within the planned programme duration, employing safe operating practices.
• He / She shall organize and arrange all SCOPE involved in offshore in accordance with the programme. When and where feasible he will initiate and direct additional parallel activities to endeavour to improve on overall efficiency.
• When variations of the intended programme and/or drawings become essential, he/She will either, decide on-site for very minor items and keep the COMPANY offshore supervisor or maintenance lead informed, or discuss with the onshore campaign engineer to arrive at a suitable solution to the problem.
• He / She shall check via the storekeeper that all construction material and consumables has arrived at site prior to the commencement of each job. Any shortage shall be reported to the Campaign Engineer for action.
• The Construction Supervisor is principally responsible for:-
(i) Organizing and controlling the on-site supervision of all construction SCOPE carried out on or from the vessel (s), to good oil field practice and specifications optimizing on vessel (s)performance to complete the SCOPES within the planned duration.
(ii) To ensure that the CONTRACTOR PERSONNEL operate in a safe and systematic manner with maximum care being taken to ensure that all personnel are motivated and organized in safety procedures.
(iii) To Lead the investigations of accidents and provide comments and/or ideas to avoid future occurrence.
(iv) To impart his knowledge and experience regarding procedures and other information concerning safety and all aspects of construction SCOPE to his subordinates.
(v) He / She is especially responsible to train Bruneian in good oil field and construction practices and procedures, and to develop them to take increasingly responsible positions.
(vi) Ensure and maintain flange management standards to deliver leak free flange joints
Qualification & Competencies
• Must have served a recognized apprenticeship training plus senior technician level qualification(Mechanical preferred). Candidate must have at least 10 years offshore maintenance and construction experience of which 8 years in a supervisory role. Must have a good knowledge on international construction and safety codes. He must be fully familiar with the hazardous high fire risk situations.
• It is necessary for him to have a sound knowledge of international and COMPANY standard specifications and welding procedures. Knowledge of welding techniques and procedures, and the wide range of pipe materials being used are required.
*salary is negotiable subject to years of experience and skills
**only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview
Education Required: Higher National Diploma (HND) or equivalent
Age: 30 - 45 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 120 / Day
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 01/02/2020
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !