Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
Purpose of Position
• Assist Chef in all activities related to the kitchen day-to-day operation and supervising other kitchen staff.
• Maximize the productivity of the kitchen staff.
• Assign tasks that are less complicated to lower kitchen staff.
• Supervise kitchen personnel and their performance.
• Ensure efficiency of the kitchen and staff.
• Resourcefully solve any issues that arise and seize control of any problematic situation.
• Comes up with new recipe and menu.
• Directing and planning food preparation in the kitchen.
• Ensure staffs follow the safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
• Keep work station clean and adhere to health and safety regulations.
• Ensure Fridge’s/freezers are well organized and all spoilage is disposed properly.
• Operate all kitchen equipment and conduct themselves with safety in mind at all times.
• Ensure adequacy of supplies for the kitchen.
• Check any and all deficiencies in kitchen equipment functionality and quality of food products.
• Understand how to use and troubleshoot all appliances and cooking instrument in the event of a malfunctioning cooking device.
• Check and approve lists of food products.
• Maintain a detailed knowledge of the full menu and be able to explain dish description.
• Carry out lots of kitchen administrative works along with other kitchen-related duties.
• Ensure that all preset standards for food production, food service and presentation are to be strictly followed at all times in order to maintain consistency.
• Ensure the serving of quality culinary dishes and on schedule.
• Ensure that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with company food safety guidelines.
• Ensure that the kitchen operates in a timely way that meets our quality standards.
• Ensure the cooking process is optimized with attention to speed and quality.
• Produce high quality plates both design and taste wise.
• Weigh in on patron complaints.
• Familiar with other kitchen staff and what specific role each of them is expected to play.
• Attends all company training as required.
• Manage working schedule for the staff.
• Adheres to all HR and company policies and procedures.
• Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
• Keep overproduction, food wastage and spoilage to a minimum, ensures proper rotation, labeling, storing of food in order to reduce food cost expenses.
• Track kitchen inventory. Order supplies to stock inventory appropriately
Education Required: Pre National Diploma (PND) or equivalent (SC1, SC2, SC3)
Age: 22 - 40 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 550 / Month
Allowances: B$ 50
Employment Type: Part Time
Closing date: 18/08/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !