Position: Cook cum general helper
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
• One/year of related job experience
• O-level or higher education
• Able to speak and understand English language
• A kitchen Hand must be intimately familiar with all the activities of the kitchen and can prepare in a pinch. He or she should be knowledgeable to prepare and cook food, and familiar with all the styles of cooking. If the Senior Chef is unavailable or off for the night, the Cook cum Kitchen Hand will manage the customers’ order. Kitchen Hand must make sure the customers’ order are satisfactory delivered in top condition and in a timely manner.
• As assistant to Senior Chef, the Kitchen Hand will help with menu planning, inventory, and managing of supplies. He or she may also aid in making sure the kitchen is up to safety standards, and that staff are obeying sanitation rules. Maintain cleanliness and tidiness of the kitchen at all times. Adhere to halal rules at all times to ensure our halal certification can be renewed successfully every year.
• Must ensure the good inventory system and managing of supplies to reduce cost and wastage. Adapt First-In First-Out basis of keeping fresh food inventory in the kitchen. Be aware of stocks expiry date and use those that have earlier expiry date to kitchen to use first and keep those later expire stock in store. Raise to management attention that some stocks are about to expire before it expires.
• Ensure the delivery of goods are received, stored and issued in good conditions. Ensure the physical quantity received and tallies with the inventory records at all times. Identify, alert and correspond with relevant parties on stock discrepancies by the next working day.
Education Required: GCE ´´O´´ Level
Age: 22 - 35 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 350 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Benefit: TAP | SCP contribution, Individual salary appraisal, Workmen insurance
Closing date: 19/07/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !