Position: Costing & Planning Engineer
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
• Develop tender cost estimates including equipment, materials and labour calculations.
• Preparation of specification documents to submit to vendors for quotations of cost/price of materials and equipment and evaluate the same against tender specifications to include in the tender costing.
• Developing detailed cost estimates, providing multi discipline project concepts with distinctive cost estimating procedure, beneficial for capital raising projects for the company.
• Forecast costs and reports project actual cost against planned.
• Uses knowledge of commercial contract law to guide the development and assessment of pertinent contractual terms and conditions.
• Initiate activities related to sourcing, pre-qualification, enquiry, evaluation, recommendationand ordering in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
• Subcontract agreement preparation & close out upon completion of work.
• Monitor the performance of awarded subcontracts, checking and agreeing the accuracy ofmonthly payment applications during the life of the subcontract and at completion of thework.
• Review and settlement of any dispute as may be raised by subcontractors.
• Preparation of change orders to the prime contract between company and client.
• Perform Project Planning including Scheduling, Monitoring, Forecasting, and Progress Reporting on weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis through various Management reports.
• Prepare and update project schedule based on the contract.
• Prepares and submit updated work program and cash flow curve showing actual progress and identify areas of weakness and establishes means and methods for recovery, if any, as well as new critical activities.
• Set work program and target milestones for each phase based on the project plan.
• Bachelors degree in Engineering (Civil/Mechanical)
• Minimum 10 years of experience in cost estimation, quantity survey & planning out of which 4-5 years should be on site execution.
• Must be a member of recognized International Professional Body for Cost estimation /Quantity surveyor.
• Experience in Primavera P6 Project Management software.
Education Required: First Degree or equivalent
Age: 25 - 45 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 3, 500 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 30/03/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !