Position: Custom Cleaance Forwarding & Logistic Representative
Total Vacancy: 1 Male
Tasks and Duties:
• As a Customs Clearance Clerk you will work as part of a team and report to the Customs Manager.
• You will be involved in calculating and processing duties and taxes to be paid and may be required to sign documents under a Power of Attorney on behalf of clients.
• You will also pay, or arrange for payment of taxes and duties.
• Liaising with Customers.
• You will be entering details onto specialised customs software.
• Allocating the correct licence depending on type of goods being imported.
• The Customs Clearance Clerk can be involved in attending meetings with Customs Officials in the application of duty refunds and tariff reclassification as appropriate and will assist with any appeals that are forthcoming.
• You will be required to be fully conversant with import and export laws and regulations.
• You will be expected to maintain your understanding and keep up-to-date with changes as they occur, so as to be able to advise customers on import and export restrictions, tariff systems, insurance requirements and all other customs related matters.
• The Customs Clearance Clerk will post bonds for the products being imported or assist clients in obtaining bonds.
• You will also be required to prepare the necessary import documentation such as certificates of origin and cargo control documents.
• This job also requires you to liaise with officials in various agencies to ensure goods are cleared through customs or quarantine.
• You will also arrange for transportation, warehousing or product distribution of imported or exported goods and liaise with Freight Forwarders.
Education Required: GCE ´´O´´ Level
Age: 22 - 45 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 800 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 01/11/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !