Position: DEMI CHEF DE PARTIE
Total Vacancy: 4 Male/Female
As a Demi Chef de Partie you are responsible to take care of the daily food preparation and duties assigned to meet the set standard and qualities whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
• To Support the Chef de Partie or Sous Chef in the daily operation and work
• Work according to the menu specifications by the Chef de Partie
• Keep work area at all times in hygienic conditions according to the rules set by the hotel
• Control food stock and food cost in his section
• Prepare the daily mis-en-place and food production in different sections of the main kitchen or satellites
• Follow the instructions and recommendations from the immediate superiors to complete the daily tasks
• Ensure the highest standards and consistent quality in the daily preparation and keep up to date with the new products, recipes and preparation techniques
• Instruct and lead subordinates through their daily requirements in food preparation and actively take part in set up of buffets and special functions
• Coordinate and participate with other sections of requirements, cleanliness, wastage and cost control
• To monitor stock movement and be responsible for ordering on your section
• To ensure minimum kitchen wastage.
• To ensure knowledge of the product is maintained and communicated to all relevant personnel.
• To be responsible for completing your mis en place
• To learn and record skills and recipes from other members of the department
• To report any maintenance issues to the Head Chef immediately.
• To liaise with the Head Chef/Sous Chef and implement new menu/dishes/systems where applicable.
• To ensure all statutory regulations are adhered to, such as food hygiene policies and Halal department.
• To be flexible and willing to help the restaurant kitchen at busy times if required.
Education, Qualifications & Experiences
• You should have a professional kitchen apprenticeship or chefs training course and previous experiences in quality establishments along with good culinary skills in the Pastry section.
• The ability to communicate well in English and a proven track of food preparation, presentation and preservation knowledge is an essential.
Knowledge & Competencies
• The ideal candidate will be positively spirited and passionate about food and be committed to work together with the service team to deliver an amazing guest experiences every time.
• You are a very positive, dynamic, creative and dedicated team player with the ability to work in a multicultural environment and under difficult condition while possessing following additional competencies:
• Understanding Hotel Operations
• Effective Communication
• Planning for Business
• Supervising People
• Understanding Differences
• Supervising Operations
• Teamwork Adaptability
• Customer Focus
• Drive for Results
Education Required: First Degree or equivalent
Age: 30 - 40 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 1, 200 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 06/09/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !