Position: DIESEL MECHANIC
Total Vacancy: 4 Male
• Determines vehicle condition by conducting inspections and diagnostic tests;
- identifying worn and damaged parts.
• Keeps equipment available for use by completing preventive maintenance schedules;
- installing component and part upgrades;
- controlling corrosion;
- completing winterization procedures.
• Corrects vehicle deficiencies by removing, repairing, adjusting, overhauling, assembling, disassembling, and replacing major assemblies, sub-assemblies, components, parts, or systems, such as, power and drive trains, electrical, air conditioning, fuel, emission, brake, steering, hydraulics;
- completes machine shop operations;
- making adjustments and alignments including bearing loads, gear tooth contact, valve mechanisms, governors, oil systems, control linkages, clutches, and traction units.
• Verifies vehicle performance by conducting test drives;
- adjusting controls and systems.
• Complies with federal and state vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and combustion control standards.
• Maintains vehicle appearance by cleaning, washing, and painting.
• Maintains vehicle records by annotating services and repairs.
• Keeps shop equipment operating by following operating instructions;
- troubleshooting breakdowns;
- maintaining supplies;
- performing preventive maintenance;
- calling for repairs.
• Contains costs by using warranty;
- evaluating service and parts options.
• Keeps supplies ready by inventorying stock;
- placing orders;
- verifying receipt.
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities;
- reading technical and regulation
Closing date: 10/05/2018
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !