Position: Data Center Administrator
Total Vacancy: 2 Male/Female
• Manages the Data Center and related mechanical devices.
• Manages and designs hardware deployments and cabling inside the Data Center.
• Documents the network and data center processes, and performs related tasks.
• Responsible for operation and maintenance of the Data Center, including all day to day activities
• Assists with data center design
• Brings forward opportunities for improvement and architectural design.
• Performs installation of network and systems equipment (rack, stack and cabling).
• Knowledge of tools for installation.
• Removing equipment when decommissioned
• Monitor facilities for power, cooling and other capacity needs
• Test and turn up circuits including data, voice, and specialty circuits
• Perform basic system administration tasks under direction from Network and Systems Administrators
• As required must be available on a 24 hour basis for emergency support.
• Only when required and considered abnormal to general operations.
• Troubleshoot and verify existing network equipment and systems infrastructure
• Provide feedback on and refinement of data center operational processes
• Establishes specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements.
• Evaluates performance and issues including availability and utilization; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment
• Maintains Data Center performance by performing monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting problems; escalating problems to vendor or other staff
• Some technical and desktop support tasks required
• Manages and configures Network Disaster Recovery including procedural documentation. Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements. Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations
• Protects organization´s value by keeping information confidential
• Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments Documentation:
• Documents specific duties, activities, problems solved and issues resolved
• Assists in the documentation of the network, applications and resources on the network in conjunction with the public service staff.
• Performs training.
• Attends meetings and serves on committees, as requested
• Coordinate with the Trainer to set up equipment, as well as any other equipment needed for meetings
• Coordinates with upper management to setup new Location as needed.
• Performs additional duties and assignments as requested
• Education/Certification: Bachelor Degree Required
• 3-5 years of related experience CCNA/CCNP Data Center Preferred VCP6-DCV
• Knowledge of: Datacenter HVAC, CRAC, cooling technologies Datacenter power, UPS, generator operations, etc Datacenter fire suppression systems(FM200, HFC125, etc)
• General knowledge of datacenter design and construction LAN/WAN Structured Cabling Ethernet and Fiber Cabling Telecommunications Systems Emerging Technology Trends
Skills and Abilities:
• Evaluate critical systems, prioritize workflow and determine solutions
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Interpret and apply laws, regulations and policies
• Provide technical assistance for computer problems
• Read and understand technical manuals
• Work for extended time at keyboard/terminal
• Maintain effective working relationships with supervisor and coworkers
• Work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings
• The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
• The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
• The employee must be physically fit with the ability to stand on ladders for extended period of times.
• Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and ability to adjust focus
WORK ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS
• The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
• No hazardous or significantly unpleasant conditions. (Such as in a typical office).
• The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Education Required: First Degree or equivalent
Age: 30 - 45 years old
Basic Salary: B$ 2, 500 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 13/04/2020
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !