Position: Demi Chef (Western Cook)
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
• Must have background/qualifications in Food & Beverage.
• Experience in relevant industry is an advantage.
• Must possess a positive and professional attitude.
Purpose of Position
• Assist Chef De Partie to oversee a section of the kitchen and responsible for all culinary dishes that are prepared in their section.
• Manage a section of the kitchen and maintain the highest standards of food quality and presentation in workstation.
• Works within the station in clean safe and efficient manner in accordance with the policy’s procedures and standards of the kitchen.
• Review the daily production sheets with Chef De Partie.
• Prepares and when required delegates the production of the necessary food items in accordance with standards in a timely and efficient fashion.
• Ensure that all preset standards for food production, food service and presentation are to be strictly followed at all times in order to maintain consistency.
• Ensure that all food products are handled, stored, prepared and served safely in accordance with company food safety guidelines.
• Ensure staffs follow the safe and sanitary food-handling practices.
• Keep work station clean and adhere to health and safety regulations.
• Ensure the highest standards and quality in the daily preparation.
• Ensure Fridge’s/freezers are well organized and all spoilage is disposed properly.
• Operate all kitchen equipment and conduct themselves with safety in mind at all times.
• Ensure adequacy of supplies at the cooking stations.
• Optimized the cooking process with attention to speed and quality.
• Report any and all deficiencies in kitchen equipment functionality and quality of food products to sous-chef de cuisine.
• Prepares lists of food products required for station.
• Maintain a detailed knowledge of the full menu and be able to explain dish description.
• Perform other job-related duties and special projects as assigned.
• Attends all company trainings as required.
• Adheres to all HR and company policies and procedures.
• Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
• Actively participates in training of culinary skills to junior staff.
• Keep overproduction, food wastage and spoilage to a minimum, ensures proper rotation, labeling, storing of food in order to reduce food cost expenses.
• Conducting stock takes; inventory according to company procedures.
Education Required: GCE ´´O´´ Level
Age: 25 - 45 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 750 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 06/02/2020
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !