Position: Designated Person Ashore - DPA
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
• Effective implementation and maintenance of the Company SMS by coordinating with Vessel Crews, Superintendents, Managers and Senior Manager.
• Ensure non-conformance reports are resolved with the appropriate corrective actions promptly.
• Program and arrange for shore Management Reviews and keeping records of reviews.
• Recommend and make changes to the SMS where appropriate. Ensuring the SMS is properly disseminated to Vessel Crews and shore-based employees involved in its implementation, with frequent coaching and training program being carried out to maintain continuity.
• Communicating with Vessel Masters on routine issues of the SMS.
• Arrangement of Internal and External Audits.
• To ensure external ISM and ISPS audits are carried out timely.
• Analysis of Incidents and Near Misses.
• Assist in external communication with parties including personnel working on behalf of the company.
• Liaise with third party certification body and classification body.
• Present ISM matters to the highest level of management and gain sustained support for safety management system improvements.
• Determine whether the safety management system within the company and the vessel by using established principles of internal audit and management review to ensure compliance with these rules and regulations.
• Determine the effectiveness of the safety management system within the company and vessel by using established principles of internal audit and management review to ensure compliance with rules and regulation.
• Assess the effectiveness of the safety management system in ensuring compliance with the other rules and regulations which are not covered by statutory and classification surveys enabling verification of compliance with this rules and regulations.
• Assess whether safe practices recommended by the organization, Administration, classification societies, other international bodies and maritime industry organizations to promote a safety culture had been considered
• Gather and analyze data from hazardous occurrences, hazardous situation, near misses, incidents and accidents and apply all lesson learnt to improve the safety management system within the Company and its vessels.
Education Required: First Degree or equivalent
Age: 25 - 50 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 3, 000 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 04/01/2020
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !