Position: Director of Information Technology
Total Vacancy: 1 Male
Purpose of Role
To provide the direction and leadership of the Information Systems department to ensure the Hotel systems operate accurately, confidentially, effectively, interface reliably and uninterrupted, supporting guest service, the control functions and providing accurate management information.
Core Job Functions
1. To lead and set the operational standards for information systems in
a. Ensuring all software applications work efficiently and reliably
b. Maintaining all hardware through both reactive and preventative maintenance
c. Instigating procurement and supply of IS goods and services and facilitating best value pricing
d. Implementing software and hardware upgrades with efficient planning, documentation and coordination with the respective executives and GM
e. Arranging all materials to be on-hand to perform routine maintenance tasks
f. Project management of new installations and systems upgrades as required
g. Production of management information, exception and productivity reports
h. Reliably organise the system backups as per policy
i. Ensuring adherence to the highest security standards of ISO 27000 series and PCI-DSS.
2. To organise, assign, coach and support direct reports including
a. Assisting with the selection of departmental employees
b. Providing 24/7 support to all departments, allocating shift roles
c. Verifying, correcting and supervising employees to comply with best practice, policies and regulations
d. Instigating constant improvements through follow up and determination
e. Delivery of consistent guest Wi-Fi service
f. LQA guest service, applications, operating systems and hardware training
g. Ensuring the roster provides adequate manning for the service required
h. Conducting objective annual performance reviews for direct reports
i. Allocation resources to ensure staggered vacations and meal breaks, one person at a time
j. Close liaison with all departments in a supportive manner
3. Ensuring all work safely in all aspects, including
a. Complying with Hotel policies on health & safety, terrorist alert, fire and security
b. Taking prompt corrective action to ensure hazardous situations are resolved quickly and do not recur
c. Reporting all emergencies, dangerous occurrences and accidents to the FC and GM immediately
4. Develop and performance manage direct reports to improve capability by
a. Inspecting and holding all levels of employee accountable for delivering standards
b. Challenging and resolving unreasonable behaviour and poor work habits
c. Recording behaviour and performance observations, both positive and negative
d. Conducting fair and motivating appraisals which facilitate improvement/ development
e. Establishing development/ training plans to meet their needs
5. Be effective in managing labour resources through
a. Planning and organising the deployment of the labour resources cost efficiently
b. Delegating departmental tasks fairly and on a rotational basis
c. Ensuring fair and accurate scheduling is taking place in all areas to provide adequate
d. Manning planning to give 1/12 of vacation monthly and OIL/PILs within 30/ 60 days for all
e. Allocating staggered meal breaks, to provide a consistent service
6. To lead and enable others to succeed through
a. Initiating communication to support understanding and progress, both written and verbal
b. Being a positive role model of positive behaviour that builds confidence and does not undermine others
c. Maintaining a positive and dynamic ‘can do’ work ethic in collaboration with all others
d. Instigating improvements through observation, listening and a determination to resolve
e. Resolving conflicts between co-workers with kindness and understanding
f. Obtaining data and analysing this to make informed decisions with smart trust and sound judgment
g. Participating in meetings and internal or external training courses
h. Constantly working to achieve the Hotel controls and business goals
i. Being conversant with and fully applying Hotel policies for health & safety, bomb, fire and security
j. Supporting the Financial Controller in managing the business activities
7. Be a positive role model to others and behave according to the Hotel values
- work effectively, reliably and inclusively with everyone to achieve the vision
- Build and maintain beneficial productive work relationships
- Work positively together and hold yourself and others accountable
- Proactively support and set others up for success
- demonstrate determination, resourcefulness and purpose to deliver the best results.
- Focus and strive for perfection in style, manner, taste and presentation
- Confront reality and ‘fix’ with discipline and urgency
- Think proactively, establish clear priorities and be organised
- inspire confidence by always being caring, fair, honest and transparent with all
- Do the right thing and deliver on promises
- Talk straight, handle differences with others directly, as they occur, always seeking a solution
- Show loyalty by giving credit and speaking positively about others in their absence
The job functions outlined above are a general guideline to the work required in this role and are not limited to the above.
It is to be understood that the specific duties may be changed as required to meet the purpose of the role and the prevailing business and organizational needs.
Initiative and flexibility in adjusting to these is essential in meeting the requirements of the role.
Responsibility of Role
1. Planning and organising of systems and telecommunications
2. Responsible for $500, 000 in expenses
3. Identifying future trends in technical areas
4. Developing and leading complex, wide-ranging projects and improvement programmes
5. Close collaboration with GM and FC
- B. E or BSc in Computer Science (essential) Experience
- Five years’ experience of working with Hotel systems and applications (16) (essential)
- Knowledge of Opera, Micros and Oracle systems and configuration (essential)
- Relevant experience in an equivalent hotel senior management role (essential)
- Extensive experience in exceeding hotel guest and employee expectations (essential) Function Knowledge
- Technical expertise, minimum 5 Years Technical Background in IT
- Specific operational knowledge needed to perform the role
- Education and awareness of leadership effectiveness and accountability
- Experience of managing large technical projects
- A balanced understanding of both staff and guest needs.
- Ability to communicate across all levels of business.
- Physically capable to undertake the duties of the post: walking, working in confined spaces, etc.
- Hours to suit the business needs over seven days per week, 365 days of the year.
- Action orientated
- Customer focus and conflict resolution
- Decision making
- Living the values
- Cost management
- Service excellence
- Quality improvement
The salary for this role is within the range BND3, 000 to BND4, 000 per calendar month.
The final salary will be determined by the skills, knowledge and experience the successful candidate is able to offer.
Education Required: First Degree or equivalent
Age: 30 - 55 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 3, 500 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Benefit: Accommodation, Duty Meal, Medical Insurance, etc
Closing date: 02/05/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !