Position: Director of Operations
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
Purpose of Role:
To provide effective leadership to build capability and drive performance of the hotel operation.
To set direction and provide strategic oversight of the operational execution of the hotel to enhance The Empire and ensure short and long term business success.
Deputise in the absence of the General Manager in all matters and act as an ambassador and key spokesperson for the hotel with internal and external stakeholders.
Core Job Functions
1. To set direction and provide effective oversight and development of all guest operations service
2. Overall responsibility for implementing and maintaining HACCP and the Health and Safety and Fire policy in all departments to protect all stakeholders.
3. To increase revenue and maximise profit.
4. Effectively organise the revenue controls for all operations
5. Oversee effective operational expense cost management to maximise the departmental profits
6. Initiate and facilitate effective communication across all aspects of the division and hotel
7. Leading and enabling others’ success
8. Be effective in managing labour resources
9. Develop and performance manage to improve capability
10. Be an executive leadership role model, communicating and facilitating others in behaving according to the Hotel values.
• The job functions outlined above are a general guideline to the work required in this role and are not limited to the above.
• It is to be understood that the specific duties may be changed as required to meet the purpose of the role and the prevailing business and organizational needs.
• Initiative and flexibility in adjusting to these is essential in meeting the requirements of the role.
Responsibility of Role
1. Strategic planning for hotel
2. Budget accountability of revenue, payroll and expenses
3. Line management accountability for 300 people;
4. Cheque signatory and approval of expenditure
5. Credit management
6. Develop long term capability across all hotel teams
7. Hotel guest services
8. Adherence to health and safety and legislative best practice
• Degree/ Diploma in Hotel Management (or equivalent) (essential)
• Leadership and Business Development programmes (essential) Experience
• A ten years of luxury senior hotel leadership experience (essential)
• An in depth knowledge of luxury Hotel service and procedures (essential)
• Delivery of exceptional customer service and selling skills (essential)
• Experience of training and coaching (essential)
• Experience in basic financial management (essential)
• Previous experience of working with a multi-cultural team (essential)
• Physically capable of undertaking the duties of the post, standing and walking for long periods of time
• Hours to suit the business needs, over seven days per week, 365 days of the year
• In depth knowledge of hotel operation in all aspects
• Proven experience in building and developing Guest Service Strategy
• Thorough understanding of financial, HR and sales and marketing practices
• Education and awareness of leadership effectiveness and accountability
• Good knowledge of IT systems and their application in an hotel environment
• Proven ability to build internal relationships and conflict management
• High level of computer literacy
• Action orientated
• Customer focus and conflict resolution
• Decision making
• Living the values
• Profitable business
To be successful candidates must demonstrate that they meet the Person Specification for the role.
The salary for this role is within the range BND7, 000 to BND13, 000 per calendar month.
The final salary will be determined by the skills, knowledge and experience the successful candidate is able to offer.
Age: 30 - 55 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 7, 000 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Benefit: Accommodation, Duty Meal, Medical Insurance, etc
Closing date: 02/05/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !