Position: E & I Technician (Calibrator)
Total Vacancy: 1 Male
• Interprets piping, instrument diagram and loop diagram.
• Check performance using testing and measuring instrument and make necessary adjustment.
• Installation of process tubing supply and signal line.
• Tube-up of instrument skids and instrument panels to different control panel.
• Performs leak testing and air blowing on complete tubing instrumentation
• Rectify problems with minimum supervision, pertaining to instrumentation and control.
• Conduct and execute instrument commissioning scope of work in accordance with the contract specifications and schedule.
• Ensure all work activities are carried out following safety arrangements and that processes are being operated in line with industry and internal best practice.
• Performs a variety of skilled work related to installation, calibration of control valves, pressure, level, and temperature controllers, including running and tracing complex loop wiring.
• Calibrates process control instrumentation such as flow transmitters, controllers, recorders, current pressure transducers, control valves etc.
• Inspects test, adjust and repair electric, electronic mechanical and pneumatic instruments and systems used to indicate, record and control generating operations in the process: inspects meters, indicators and gauges to detect abnormal fluctuations.
• Test accuracy of flow meters, pressure gauges, temperature indicators, controllers, detectors and other recording, indicating or controlling instruments to locate detective components in system, using test equipment.
• Traces out and tests to locate defective parts in analog and digital monitoring system using test equipment, schematics and maintenance manuals.
• Removes defective instruments from system, decontaminates, disassembles and cleans instrument and replaces defective parts using hand tools.
• Reassembles instruments and replaces instruments in system using hand tools.
• Lubricates instruments and replaces defective wiring and tubing.
• Calibrates readings on instruments according to standards and adjusts phasing and aligns stages to ensure accuracy of recording and indicating function.
• Records calibration made parts and components used and inventory of parts on hand.
• Prepare schematic drawings, sketches and reports to reflect changes
• Prepare schematic drawing, sketches and reports to reflect changes or alteration made in instruments, circuits and systems.
• Performs calibration, function testing.
• This includes different types of equipment and process instruments for DCS like process transmitters (Pressure, Level, Temperature, Flow, Quality and conductivity).
• Perform troubleshooting and calibration of GC (gas chromatography) analyzer.
• Installation, De-installation, Verification and testing of Vibration probe for turbine.
• Calibration check of instruments using different kinds of test equipment such as portable pressure calibrator, HART communicator, RTD/Thermocouple calibrator, Multi-tester, 4-20ma loop calibrator, etc.
• Understanding limits of safe operation.
• Awareness of all company safety procedures applicable to the job.
• Documentation of calibrated instrument
• Preferred candidate c/w - Min 5 years of experience working as a calibration technician, ISO17025 competence in Calibration And Measurement System, Liquid Flow measurement, Prover tank calibration, uncertainty in fluid flow measurement and calibration of pressure gauge using deadweight pressure balance.
Education Required: Higher National Diploma (HND) or equivalent
Age: 25 - 45 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 1, 700 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 05/01/2020
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !