Position: Education Manager
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
To manage and develop CfBT teachers and their performance in schools, in line with the Brunei Teachers’ Standards (BTA) framework and CfBT performance frameworks.
§ Undergraduate university degree in English/Humanities
§ Diploma of Education/Post Graduate Certificate in Education or equivalent
§ Strong understanding of effective teaching practices
§ Understanding of western expatriate culture
§ TESOL specialism/knowledge of current English language teaching practices
§ Understanding of effective ELT classroom practice and its alignment to the Brunei Teachers’ Standards (BTA)
§ Understanding of educational management practices
§ Recent primary/secondary English language teaching experience, preferably in Brunei mainstream education
§ Record of effective classroom teaching
§ Performance management/Head of Department experience or similar school-based roles with management/evaluation/feedback features
§ Design of content and delivery of teacher training sessions/workshops
§ Experience of living or working overseas in a cross-cultural setting
§ Excellent interpersonal skills, including cross-cultural communication skills
§ Excellent organisational and time management skills
§ Analytical and thinking skills
§ Adaptability, flexibility and resilience
§ Ability to work effectively as part of a team
§ Ability to work effectively in a cross-cultural professional environment
§ Excellent spoken and written English
§ Overall proficiency in ICT
1. Develop and maintain effective working relationships, with teachers, school leaders, Ministry of Education representatives and CfBT education project management team to ensure the effective delivery of our English Language Teaching (ELT) contract.
2. Conduct regular informal and formal school visits to meet with CfBT teachers, Heads of Department and school leaders.
3. Undertake formal performance management activities, such as lesson walkthroughs, lesson observations, and annual performance review meetings, in assigned school clusters, using defined best practice management guidelines and frameworks.
4. Provide timely verbal and written feedback, against set criteria, to teachers on their performance and enable development where required.
5. Provide ongoing professional support and guidance to teachers in schools both in advisory and coaching roles as needed.
6. Report and actively manage any professional issues that may arise using agreed frameworks.
7. Provide regular update reports for reference and accountability purposes to the Head of ELT and Heads of Primary/Secondary as required.
8. Conduct interviews regularly as part of a panel for potential new English language teaching candidates.
9. Provide support on a quarterly basis to newly arrived teachers through the delivery of professional overview sessions during our induction programme and to all teachers through the delivery of agreed ongoing professional sessions/workshops.
10. Participate in relevant team meetings providing ideas and sound rationales for strategic planning.
Education Required: First Degree or equivalent
Age: 32 - 50 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 3, 200 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Benefit: TAP and SCP contributions
Closing date: 16/06/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !