Total Vacancy: 3 Male
Primary Function of Electrician
• The Electrician is responsible for conducting electrical inspections and properly assess technical compliance to require applicable Electrical Standards and Codes as directed under the contract Performance Work Statement.
• Install, maintain, modify and repair all electrical distribution systems and associated electrical equipment.
• Must have in-depth work experience and understanding of National Electric Code (NEC), and the British Standard, or other internationally recognized electrical regulations, standards, accepted industry practices adopted by the country.
• Must be able to apply technical standards to new construction, renovations and upgrade existing structures.
• Must be fluent with proper installation techniques and display highest level of workmanship.
• Responsible for supervising journeyman crews made up of a diverse subcontract workforce and responsible for training and providing instruction, and oversight on proper installation methods, standards, regulations, and workmanship.
• Must be capable to assess and classify electrical distribution systems, trouble-shoot and identify circuit faults across a broad range of applications.
• Knowledgeable of AC theory, VFDs, electrical motors and starters, transformers, step-down stations, residual current devices (RCD), and over-current protective devices.
• Thorough understanding of the safe operation and application of instruments provided for circuit analysis and testing, including power analyzers, ground rod resistance meters, ground fault loop impedance testers, residual current device testers, and similar test equipment used to properly assess ground-earth faults and grounding and bonding install applications comply with the proper codes.
• Must be capable to read and interpret blue prints, schematics, technical instructions, and other technical documentation and plan work activities to include; coordination of movement of materials and equipment to work locations; establish the work site; repair or replace/install a broad range of electrical equipment and systems in support of base construction and maintenance activities.
• Responsible to properly maintain tools and equipment to safe standards and to identify proper materials, suitable for use as required for specific installations, submitting material requisitions and follow-up until delivery on site.
• Observes and follows all safety rules and procedures (Lock-out/Tag-out), including wearing required PPE and other personal safety equipment and fall protection, as required for each individual task.
• To repair and rectify all defects and faults of all electrical installations, systems, equipment s and machineries.
• Responsible for all preventive maintenance of L. T, H. T, switch gear medium voltage distribution panels, motor control centers, emergency generators, electric motors, kitchen and laundry equipment s, lifts, fire alarm panels, and all electrical panels, batteries and power supplies of the hotel.
• Responsible for replacement of defective lamps and tubes.
• Responsible for electrical re-wiring and installation of electrical appliances and fittings.
• Responsible for testing and maintenance of hotel dimming equipment s.
• Responsible for testing and maintaining of Fire Alarm System.
• Responsible for replacement of all defective parts and return them to store.
• Responsible for the repair of electrical appliances.
• IT Network Infrastructure: Run computer cables, connect computer jacks and plugs and test for adequate operation.
• Other duties as assigned by management.
Education Required: Higher National Diploma (HND) or equivalent
Age: 20 - 28 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 550 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 17/01/2020
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !