Position: Electrical Side Engineer [BSB]
Total Vacancy: 5 Male/Female
WORK EXPERIENCE (MINIMUM 5 YEARS)
Nature of Works
• An electrical site engineer is an electrical engineer who is assigned to handle electrical problems or electrical engineering issues at a building, work site or other location.
• Construction sites have electrical site engineers to handle all electrical issues.
• These engineers have many different duties.
• Electrical site engineers design the main power systems that feed commercial buildings and offices as well as the distribution circuits to each unit.
• They also handle design problems when they arise.
• Electrical plans are never 100 percent correct, and changes will always have to be made.
• These changes are the responsibility of the electrical site engineer.
Electrical Standards and Project crew Management
• The electrical site engineer also has the responsibility of making sure that every electrical device or circuit installed meets the standards.
• This is important due to the liability issues that can be caused by improper installation.
• This can be a challenging task during large projects because the site engineer could be managing a crew of a hundred or more people.
• Testing the electrical system once it is installed is another task for the electrical site engineer.
• All systems must be tested to ensure that the system is stable and safe.
• The maintenance schedule must also be created for components within the system that need routine maintenance.
• A final inspection is required once all installation and testing have been completed.
• The electrical site engineer will inspect the electrical portion of the building along with the building inspector.
• If the inspector finds any electrical problems, the electrical site engineer must get them fixed in order for the building to pass inspection.
• Final inspection is important, because without a passing grade, people will not be allowed to occupy or work within the building
Education Required: Higher National Certificate (HNC) or equivalent
Age: 25 - 45 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 1, 300 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 21/03/2020
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !