Position: Electrician Helper
Total Vacancy: 1 Male
Electrician Helper is responsible for:
• Assisting Marine Electricians, performing specific or general duties of lesser skill such as keeping worker supplied with materials or tools;
• running cables;
• Cleaning work area, equipment, and machinery;
• performing tasks following instructions from journeyman.
• Assist Marine Electrician in installing and repairing wiring, fixtures, and equipment.
• Supplies Electricians with materials and tools, using handtrucks, or by carrying material.
• Follow written and verbal instructions from Electrician.
• Perform basic machine operations.
• Participate in special projects as required.
• Use power hand and power tools such as: wire strippers, cutters, screwdrivers, sawzalls, drills, grinders, scalers, etc.
• Assist in equipment and wiring testing. Install, run, and/or remove electric wiring and wire labeling.
• Assist in the removal, replacement/installation of Multi Type Cable, L. T, H. T. ,
• Measure, cut, and bend wire and conduit, using ruler and hand tools.
• Drill holes for wiring, using power drill, and pull or push wiring through opening.
• Assists in lifting, positioning, and fastening objects, such as wiring, conduit, and motors.
• Perform minor repairs, such as replacing fuses, bulbs, and switches, using hand tools.
• Maintain tools and equipment, and keep supplies and parts in order.
• Disassemble defective electrical equipment, such as motors, using hand tools.
• Load, transport, unload, and furnish Electrician with materials, tools, equipment, and supplies.
• Clean work area and restock supplies and materials as necessary.
• Assist in lifting, positioning, and securing of materials and work pieces during installation.
• Perform duties as directed by experienced craft person.
• Follow specific directions.
• Repeat tasks of short duration according to a set procedure.
• Detect, recognize and respond to dangerous conditions or situations.
• Regular attendance is required.
• Significant travel may be required.
• Performs other duties as required.
• Minimum of Two (2) years of previous (Electrical, Cable Pulling, Electrician Helper) experience.
• Must have some knowledge to support electrician trade.
• Must have knowledge of cable removal and installation process.
• Must have basic knowledge of blueprint and schematics.
• Be able to comprehend instructions, drawings, and general correspondence in English.
• Ability to effectively confer job related information to the structural supervisor and small groups.
• Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide whole numbers, fractions, and decimals using customary measurement system.
• Ability to use hand and power tools associated with the trade efficiently and in a safely manner.
Education Required: Lower Secondary Assessment (PMB) or equivalent (BJCE)
Age: 22 - 28 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 350 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 17/01/2020
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !