Embroider/Beader Job Description:
• Embroiders ornamental designs by hand over stamped or stenciled designs on fabric material
• Fastens embroidery hoop over fabric to keep fabric taut.
• Threads needle with kind and colour of thread as specified in work order.
• Sews along cut lines of stamped design, utilizing knowledge of various stitches that may be required.
• May place fabric in frame instead of embroidery hoop to keep fabric taut.
• May use strings of beads instead of coloured thread for ornamental work.
• May pin design on fabric preparatory to embroidering.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
• Must possess embroidery and beading experience
• Working knowledge of different embroidery techniques, etc
• Working knowledge of the availability of different types of beads and ornaments
• Able to identify fabric problems
• Must have solid interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to work in a multitasking work environment and prioritise work load
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and interact positively with others
• Skills to communicate clearly
• Ability to create an environment conducive to teamwork
• Customer Solutions Approach
• Must hold self and others accountable
• Strong listening skills
• Capable of welcoming constructive criticism
Remuneration will be computed on a minimum commission basis
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !