Position: Executive Assistant To Managing Director
Total Vacancy: 1 Female
• Proven experience as an executive administrative assistant/personal assistant.
• Full comprehension of office management systems and procedures
• Excellent knowledge of MS Office
• Proficiency in English
• Exemplary planning and time management skills
• Up-to-date with advancements in office gadgets and applications
• Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
• High level verbal and written communications skills
• Discretion and confidentiality
• Higher National Degree; additional qualification as personal assistant would be considered an advantage
• Acting as the administrative point of contact between the executives and internal/external clients
• Undertaking the tasks of receiving calls, take messages and routing correspondence
• Reminding the manager/executive of important tasks and deadlines
• Handling executives’ requests and queries appropriately
• Undertake the tasks of receiving calls, take messages and routing correspondence
• Handle requests and queries appropriately
• Miscellaneous tasks to support the manager, which will vary according to the sector and to the manager’s remit, e. g. completing some corporate governance reporting (to ensure that the business is being run properly and complying with legislation and regulations) or conducting research
• Managing diaries and organizing meetings and appointments, often controlling access to the manager/executive
• Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation
• Take dictation and minutes and accurately enter data
• Monitor office supplies and research advantageous deals or suppliers
• Typing, compiling and preparing reports, presentations and correspondence
• Managing databases & develop and carry out an efficient documentation and filing system
• Organizing events and conferences
• Implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems
• Liaising with staff, suppliers and clients
• Collating and filing expenses
• Produces information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
• Conserves executive’s time by reading, researching, and routing correspondence;
- drafting letters and documents;
- collecting and analyzing information;
- initiating telecommunications
• Maintains executive’s appointment schedule by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel
• Represents the executive by attending meetings in the executive’s absence;
- speaking for the executive
• Welcomes guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone;
- answering or directing inquiries
• Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Completes projects by assigning work to clerical staff; following up on results.
• Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information.
• Secures information by completing database backups.
• Provides historical reference by developing and utilizing filing and retrieval systems;
- recording meeting discussions.
• Maintains office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level;
- anticipating needed supplies;
- evaluating new office products;
- placing and expediting
- orders for supplies;
- verifying receipt of supplies
• Ensures operation of equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements;
- following manufacturer’s instructions;
- troubleshooting malfunctions;
- calling for repairs;
- maintaining equipment inventories;
- evaluating new equipment and techniques.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops;
- reviewing professional publications;
- establishing personal networks;
- participating in professional societies.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• To maintain and provide a support service for the Managing Director daily schedule, including forward planning of his workload, diary management and coordinating and collating all relevant paperwork.
• To set appointments and meetings for the Managing Director as requested including regular one to one meetings with the Managing Director and his direct reports.
• To service meetings, including preparation of meeting papers, obtaining and preparing briefing materials and presentations, and taking minutes when requested/where necessary.
• Respond and advise efficiently to all electronic or verbal enquiries for the Managing Director and other Facilities staff, using their own initiative
• To liaise effectively with internal divisions/departments and external organizations on behalf of the Managing Director.
• To advise the Managing Director of impending work deadlines for both internal and external commitments, e. g. reports, presentations, conferences, projects.
• To ensure appropriate systems and processes are developed and maintained to support effective and efficient day to day running of the Managing Directors office.
• To ensure the smooth flow of information around Facilities, including action monitoring to achieve deadlines and project milestones.
• To effectively plan and coordinate corporate training events, evaluation workshops and conferences on behalf of the Managing Director, from inception through to tendering, to event management, budgetary control, invoicing and post event appraisals.
• To be responsible for monitoring the use of the corporate purchasing and credit card. Submitting receipted returns to the Finance Department.
• To submit expenses claims, both internal and external, on behalf of the Managing Director.
• To plan and implement hospitality arrangements for the Director, including provision of hospitality for visitors.
• To provide a confidential and efficient filing system for the Managing Director and his offices, including HR files in line with University procedures and the Data Protection Act and ensuring compliance with HR policies.
• To maintain an up to date knowledge of HR processes and procedures and to advise and assist the Managing Director with HR issues and the recruitment process including the coordination of the appointment of staff.
• To organize travel arrangements for the Managing Director.
• To execute any other duties appropriate to the grade as directed by the Managing Director or his nominated deputy.
Education Required: First Degree or equivalent
Age: 25 - 35 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 1, 000 / Month
Allowances: B$ 500
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 15/02/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !