Position: Executive Chef
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
• Proven working experience as a head chef or executive chef.
• Excellent record of kitchen management.
• Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently.
• Capable of delegating multiple tasks.
• Communication and leadership skills.
• Keep up with cooking trends and best practices.
• Preferably have 10 - 12 years as a Head Chef or 5 - 8 years as a Sous Chef.
• The Executive Chef schedules and coordinates the work of chefs, cooks and other kitchen employees to ensure that food preparation is economically correct and within budgeted labor cost goals.
• The Executive Chef ensures that high standards of hygiene, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
• The Executive Chef plans menus for all food outlets in the business
• The Executive Chef prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget,
• The Executive Chef projects annual food, labor and other cost`s and monitors actual financial results and takes corrective action, as necessary, to ensure that financial targets are met.
• The Executive Chef establishes and maintains, controls to minimize food waste and theft.
• The Executive Chef safeguards all food handlers work practices by implementing training programs to increase their knowledge about safety, hygiene and accident prevention techniques.
• The Executive Chef approves the requisition and purchase of products and other necessary food supplies.
• The Executive Chef develops standard recipes and techniques by implementing training techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality.
• The Executive Chef implements measures to minimize food costs exercises portion control for all items served and work with the Food & Beverage Manager in establishing menu selling prices.
• The Executive Chef will attend food & beverage staff and Management meetings.
• The Executive Chef will consult with the Food & Beverage Manager about the food production aspects of special events and banquets.
• The Executive Chef cooks, or directly supervises the cooking of, skill intensive items.
• The Executive Chef ensures proper staffing, maximum productivity and exceptional quality standards, controls food and wage costs to achieve maximum profitability.
• The Executive Chef interacts with the food and beverage department to ensure that food production consistently meets, or exceeds, the expectations of guests.
• The Executive Chef develops policies and procedures to enhance and measure quality, continually updating written policies and procedures to in corporate state of the art techniques, equipment and terminology.
• The Executive Chef in conjunction with Food and Beverage team, assists in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with established standards.
• Attends all company trainings as required.
• Adheres to all HR and company policies and procedures.
• Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
• Actively participates in training of culinary skills to junior staff.
• Keep overproduction, food wastage and spoilage to a minimum, ensures proper rotation, labeling, storing of food in order to reduce food cost expenses.
• Conducting stock takes; inventory according to company procedures.
Age: 35 - 45 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 1, 800 / Month
Allowances: B$ 200
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 13/03/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !