Job Duties and Responsibilities for: ´´Fashion Designer´´
• Confer with management and design team or with clients in order to discuss design ideas.
• Determine prices for styles.
• Direct and coordinate workers involved in drawing and cutting patterns and constructing samples or finished garments.
• Identify target markets for designs, looking at factors such as age, gender, and socioeconomic status.
• Purchase new or used clothing and accessory items as needed to complete designs.
• Read scripts and consult team members and other production staff in order to develop design concepts and plan productions.
• Sew together sections of material to form mock-ups or samples of garments or articles, using sewing equipment.
• Visit textile showrooms to keep up-to-date on the latest fabrics.
• Test fabrics or oversee testing so that garment care labels can be created.
• Review garment magazines and manuals in order to gather information about fashion trends and consumer preferences.
• Design custom clothing and accessories for customers.
• Draw patterns for articles designed; then cut patterns, and cut material according to patterns, using measuring instruments and scissors.
• Examine sample garments on and off models; then modify designs to achieve desired effects.
• Select materials and production techniques to be used for products.
• Sketch rough and detailed drawings of apparel or accessories, and write specifications such as colour schemes, construction, material types, and accessory requirements.
• Adapt other designers´ ideas for the mass market.
• Collaborate with other designers to coordinate special products and designs.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
• Must be able to keep up with current trends and apply to customers’ requirements
• Must be able to come up and execute fresh design ideas
• Must possess working knowledge of fabrics, linings, etc.
• Able to identify fabric problems
• Must have solid interpersonal and organizational skills
• Ability to work in a multitasking work environment and prioritise work load
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and interact positively with others
• Skills to communicate clearly
• Ability to create an environment conducive to teamwork
• Customer Solutions Approach
• Must hold self and others accountable
• Strong listening skills
• Capable of welcoming constructive criticism
Remuneration will be based on minimum commission computation
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !