Position: Financial Controller
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
• Accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, maintenance of an adequate system of accounting records, and a comprehensive set of controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or international financial reporting standards.
• The Financial Controller is also responsible for statutory reporting for all business units
• Support the CFO/CEO and provide timely and accurate financial information and analysis to support the management of the company together with reporting to stakeholders.
• Responsible for month end/year end stakeholder reporting, budgeting and forecasting, management of project profitability and contract analysis, financial and commercial evaluation of bids and tenders, managing revenue recognition and stock accounting.
• Hands-on role requiring close interaction with all divisions and disciplines and is pivotal in providing financial /commercial support for the evaluation of business issues.
• Develop and maintain Policies and Internal Control processes.
• Leads cost reduction projects and works with leadership to reduce costs and/or add value cost-effectively.
• Produce monthly results that are valid, accurate and complete and in compliance with International Financial Reporting Standards.
o Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
o Manage outsourced functions
o Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
o Oversee the accounting operations of the company, especially their control systems, transaction-processing operations, and policies and procedures Transaction
o Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
o Ensure that all reasonable discounts are taken on accounts payable
o Ensure that accounts receivable is collected promptly
o Ensure that periodic bank reconciliations are completed
o Ensure that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
o Maintain the chart of accounts
o Maintain an orderly accounting filing system
o Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions Reporting
o Issue timely and complete financial statements
o Coordinate the preparation of the corporate annual report
o Recommend benchmarks against which to measure the performance of company operations
o Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
o Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
o Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
o Provide for a system of management cost reports
o Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations Compliance
o Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for the annual audit
o Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
o Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings
• Degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Fully Qualified Accountant (CIMA. ACA. ACCA), MBA desirable
• 10 years post qualification experience showing strong career progression
• Demonstrated experience as a Financial Controller within the telecommunications or technology industry
• budget planning and control, accounts payable, accounts receivable, statutory accounting, performance analysis, process improvement and knowledge of IFRS
• Self-starter, analytical with strong problem-solving ability
• Experience of supporting operational issues and non-financial departments
Education Required: First Degree or equivalent
Age: 35 - 45 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 4, 950 / Month
Allowances: B$ 150
Employment Type: Full Time
Only shortlisted candidate will be inform on the package offered
Closing date: 16/09/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !