Position: Foreman Workshop
Total Vacancy: 4 Male
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Plans, organizes, schedules, and assigns all aspects of work to include minor and major repairs or preventive maintenance, for a fleet of vans, trucks, cars and trash disposal vehicles as well as motorized equipment in the university´s possession.
• Maintains and updates the automotive center´s shop equipment and troubleshooting equipment.
• Supervises, monitors and reconciles the inventory in automotive center´s parts department.
• Establishes and oversees safety standards to insure that the automotive shop complies with university safety policies and OSHS guidelines.
• Monitors and updates the preventive maintenance program.
• Monitors the purchase card transactions and reconciles monthly.
• May write and submit purchase requests and write review bid specifications. Supervises recovery/recycle programs to include freon, oil and anti-freeze.
• Manages, supervises spill containment/recovery programs and provides fast response spill team.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
• High school diploma or GED; 5 years of related experience including supervisory or lead experience and considerable knowledge of fleet management operation or any equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Excellent communication skills.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Thorough knowledge of maintenance management, preventive maintenance and warranty programs.
• Thorough knowledge of automotive shop operation and scheduling.
• Thorough knowledge of automotive safety programs.
• Knowledge of records, filing and managing.
• Ability to communicate and coordinate with superiors, subordinates, vendors and university personnel.
• Ability to adapt, overcome and organize in a constantly changing automotive field.
Education Required: Lower Secondary Assessment (PMB) or equivalent (BJCE)
Age: 20 - 49 years old
Basic Salary: B$ 900 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 18/05/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !