Total Vacancy: 1 Male
• Plans, organizes, directs, schedules, assigns and evaluates the work of a crew engaged in landscape, turf and grounds maintenance activities in an assigned area of the City.
• Instructs and provides for the training of crew members in the methods and techniques of landscape maintenance, the proper use of tools and equipment, and in safety practices pertaining to the work.
• Inspects assigned areas regularly to determine work needed and to evaluate work being performed, designs and plans landscaping and irrigation systems.
• Diagnoses plant problems, and directs the appropriate remedial action.
• Personally performs the full range of landscape maintenance duties, including transporting materials, prepares and maintains a variety of reports and records such as worksheets, accidents reports, and maintenance requests.
• Orders and maintains an inventory of plants, tools, equipment, fertilizer, and other supplies as necessary.
• Evaluates the work performance of assigned staff.
• Responds to questions from the public. Investigates and rectifies complaints related to City property or private property adjoining the public right of way.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Plans and executes small scale landscaping operations andmaintains grounds and landscape of private and business residences:
• Participates with LABORER, LANDSCAPE in preparing and grading terrain, applying fertilizers, seeding and sodding lawns, and transplanting shrubs and plants, using manual and power-operated equipment.
• Maintain and grow the garden to ensure it meets specific requirements and expectations.
• Plans lawns, and plants and cultivates them, using gardening implements and power-operated equipment,
• Mows and trims lawns, using hand mower or power mower.
• Perform basic maintenance such as cutting the grass, emptying bins, managing weed control and leaf raking.
• Sprays trees and shrubs, and applies supplemental liquid and dry nutrients to lawn and trees.
• Plant and nurture new trees, flowers, and various plantsand repairs established lawns, using seed mixtures and fertilizers recommended for particular soil type and lawn location.
• Locates and plants shrubs, trees, and flowers selected by property owner or those recommended for particular landscape effect.
• Work with hand tools and basic light machinery such as plant vehicles, and small diggers.
• Service all garden equipment and machinery during house keeping.
• Maintain a clean garden by cleans grounds using rakes, brooms and hose and also clearing rubbish and litter from the garden and grounds.
• Provide guidance to management on matters related to the garden.
• Advise management on the costs of plants and garden necessities with detailed written quotations and reports,
• Ensure a safe environment for staff and clients by adhering to safety and health regulations.
• At least 2 years´ proven experience in a similar role.
• Willing to learn and work under pressure.
• Able to communicate with both English and Malay language.
• Ability to handle a range of horticultural machinery and powered hand tools.
• In-depth knowledge of plants and gardening techniques.
• Friendly personality with excellent interpersonal skills.
Education Required: Primary School Assessment (PSR) or equivalent (PCE)
Age: 28 - 45 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 600 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 21/03/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !