Position: Golf & Landscape Superintendent
Total Vacancy: 1 Male
Purpose of Role:
Responsible for managing and maintaining the golf courses, hotel landscape and grounds; the leading force behind the golf maintenance team.
Core Job Functions:
ing and implementation of weekly, monthly and yearly maintenance programs
• The implementation of sound, effective agronomic principles to maintain and continue to improve the quality of all playing surfaces.
• Development of sound environmental practices, work place health and safety policies and operational procedures for the Golf Course Maintenance staff to operate under and adhere to
• Conduct staff training and evaluation on an a
ual basis or as otherwise deemed necessary and in conjunction and according to company policies
• Represent the golf club at industry seminars and forums to gather pertinent information relating to and in the best interests of the resort.
• Attend committee meetings, management meetings and any other relevant meeting forum relating to the general operation and continued improvement of the golf courses
• Liaise with golf club management through a clear and open line communication that provides all parties with information on all aspects of the ru
ing of the facility
• Liaise with outside contractors relating to works needing to be or pla
ed to be carried out on the golf course including irrigation consultants, designers, turf grass consultants, etc.
• Negotiate with suppliers on purchases and general procurement of all products and parts needed for and associated with the maintenance of the golf course and upkeep of machinery
• Conducts interviews to hire staff and when needed, discharge staff from employment in the event of poor performance, disciplinary issues or as otherwise deemed appropriate under the guidance and in-line with company policies
• Gives direction and works with the Golf Course Mechanics to ensure all turf grass related equipment is operating efficiently
• Prepare a
ual operational and capital expenditure budgets
• Performs any other task on the golf course or otherwise within the hotel as directed by the General Manager to the best of his ability.
The Job Functions:
Outlined above are a general guideline to the work required in this role and are not limited to the above. It is to be understood that the specific duties may be changed as required to meet the purpose of the role and the prevailing business and organizational needs. Initiative and flexibility in adjusting to these is essential in meeting the requirements of the role.
Responsibility of Role:
1. Efficiency of delivery of all services
2. Meeting best practice and implementing industry initiatives
3. Driving continuous improvements in all aspects
4. Supporting the Director of Golf & Leisure in growing Asian golf tourism
5. Payroll control and expense control
6. Effective communication and collaboration with all
• Diploma or Degree in Turf Grass Management/Agronomy
• Certificate in Horticulture (preferred)
• Local chemical applicators license
• At least 3 years’ experience as a Golf Course Superintendent at a similar quality resort facility with international experience
• Previous experience of working with a multi-cultural team
• Experience of training and coaching
Functional Knowledge :
• Thorough knowledge and understanding of similar quality resort facility
• Thorough understanding of basic financial management
• Good knowledge of HACCP/Health & Safety on grounds and equipment
Performance Competencies :
• Attention to detail
• Customer Focus
• Decision Making
• Developing relationships
• Financial awareness
ing & Organising
• Team work
• Team Building
• People Management and development
Age: 30 - 50 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 4, 750 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Benefit: Uniform, duty meal and etc.
Closing date: 13/06/2018
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !