Entertainment / Parties
The Fitness Manager is responsible for the overall leading team of group fitness instructors and personal trainers. Overseeing the strategic direction for the Fitness Team, the Fitness Manager formulates the overall fitness program strategy for maximum effectiveness and delivering differentiation and innovation in terms of fitness offerings. The Group Fitness Manager will report directly to the CEO and has to manage Head Coaches and oversee the group fitness instructors and personal trainers.
The Fitness Manager is also accountable for the development of the Fitness Team and is the integral management stakeholder in the ownership of managing the Fitness team budgets and enhancing the business profitability through development of the Group Fitness, Corporate Fitness and Personal Training Programs.
The Group Fitness Manager is also expected to work at least 5 hours on the Gym Floor (weekly) in the capacity of a Fitness Instructors to continually understand the fitness needs.
Candidates should possess and demonstrate the availability of the competencies below:
• Competent in Microsoft Suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Comfortable with ambiguity. Proven ability to independently research market trends and analyse and interpret complex data
• Strong communication skills both verbal and written
• Solid understanding of day-to-day gym floor systems and process and demonstrated business acumen
• Certificate in Fitness Training
• Ability to align Fitness goals with Business goals
• Proven potential in transformational-leadership by demonstrating ability to lead change by influencing stakeholders and rallying support
• Able to learn, adapt and improve in a fast pace environment
• Strong relationship management with the ability to collaborate with multiple stakeholders on projects and deadlines
• Proven leadership capabilities by demonstrating ability to coach, guide and instruct team and working collaboratively in a team setting
• Strong problem-solving skills and ability to proactively seek to improve business
• Ability to balance between goal orientation and people orientation to ensure goals are delivered with strong stakeholders’ engagement
• Highly organized and ability to delegate and priorities business deliverables.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES (includes, but is not limited to):
• Strategic Leadership: Oversee the strategic direction for the Fitness Team
• Strategy & Planning: such as Fitness Strategy, Budgeting & Forecasting, Fitness Framework Development, Annual Program Planning
• Leadership & Management: such as Cross Functional Management, Facilitate Conversations, Profit & Loss Management, Values & Culture
• Programming & Performance: such as Operational Cadence, Performance Review, KPIs & Analytics, Compliance, Succession Planning
• Responsible for the overall leading team of group fitness instructors and personal trainers
• Manage the Fitness team budgets and enhancing the business profitability
• Weekly – 40 Hours
• Roster Allocation
• Fitness Instructors Class Review –2-3 Hours (total 10 Hours per month)
• Fitness Instructor (Classes) – 3 Hours
• Office – 36 Hours