Position: HEAD CHEF
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
• To teach and manage kitchen personnel and coordinates all cooking related activities such as estimating food consumption, selecting and developing recipes, regulating production recipes to guarantee consistent quality, creating presentation techniques and quality standards, planning and pricing menus, ensuring proper equipment operation/maintenance and ensuring suitable safety and hygiene in kitchen.
• He/she organizes kitchen staff schedules, plans regular duties such as cleaning, designing of menus and makes sure activities are coordinated between cooking staff when preparing meals.
• The successful applicant may start work very early and be the last one to leave the work place.
• He/She must work in any setting that requires them to prepare food for people/students.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Plans the menu for all food outlets in the school.
2. Schedules and coordinates the work of cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that the food preparation is economical and technically correct and within the budgeted labor cost goal.
3. Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
4. Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
5. Establishes control to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
6. Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
7. Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentations which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs, exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
8. Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labor and other food cost and monitors actual financial results, takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
9. Attend F & B staff and management meetings.
10. Consults with the F & B Manager about food production aspects, pricing and other special events being planned.
11. Cooks or directly supervises the cooking of items that requires skillful preparation.
12. Interact with F & B Manager to assure that the food production consistently exceeds the expectations of staff and students.
13. Assist in maintaining a high level of service principles in accordance with the established standard.
14. Evaluates products to assure that quality, price and related goods are consistently met.
15. Work with F & B Manager to establish and maintain a regular cleaning and maintenance schedules for all kitchen areas and equipment.
16. Provides training and professional development opportunities for all kitchen staff.
17. Support safe work habits and maintain a safe working environment at all times.
18. Ensures that representatives from the kitchen attend service lineups and meetings.
19. Ensures that all kitchen staff understands and follows the policies and procedures of the canteen.
Education Required: First Degree or equivalent
Age: 30 - 50 years old
Basic Salary: B$ 1, 400 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Benefit: Salary will commensurate with experience
Closing date: 12/05/2018
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !