Position: HEAVY MACHINE OPERATOR
Total Vacancy: 3 Male
HEAVY MACHINE OPERATOR
• A heavy equipment operator drives or controls construction equipment, including bulldozers, forklifts, backhoes, dump trucks, cargo trucks, and hydraulic truck cranes.
• They operate this equipment to assist in the construction of structures, including roads, and buildings.
• They use these machines to dig and lift sand, gravel, or earth.
• Paving and surface equipment operators use machines to spread concrete and asphalt during the construction of roadways.
• Pile-driver operators control equipment to hammer heavy beams of wood, concrete, and steel, called piles, into the ground.
Heavy Equipment Operator Duties & Responsibilities
• Exact duties can depend on a heavy equipment operator´s specialization.
Some common responsibilities include:
• Operate heavy equipment in compliance with the company´s operating safety policies and procedures.
• Provide recommendations for maintaining and improving environmental performance.
• Load and unload equipment from vehicles and trailers.
• Ensure company equipment, material, and the worksite are maintained, kept clean, and stored in a safe manner.
• Collect and dispose of scrap, excess materials, and refuse.
• Observe distribution of paving material to adjust machine settings or material flow, and indicate low spots for workers to add material.
• Complete required paperwork, reporting, and other documentation.
Heavy Equipment Operator Skills & Competencies
In addition to formal training and certificates, having certain other skills can help you succeed in this occupation.
Hand and foot coordination:
• You must coordinate movements of your hands and feet in order to guide very large machinery in tight places.
• You´ll have to read gauges, dials, and other indicators, and adjust them as necessary.
• Interpersonal skills and teamwork: You must be able to coordinate your actions with those of other workers on busy construction sites.
• Troubleshooting: Anyone operating heavy equipment should be able
• to detect and fix operating problems.
Education Required: GCE ´´O´´ Level
Age: 25 - 35 years old
Driving License Class: 12
Basic Salary: B$ 25 / Day
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 12/03/2020
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !