Position: HR and Crewing Specialist
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
Purpose of position
• Responding to internal and external HR and Crewing related inquiries or requests and provide assistance.
• Maintaining records of personnel-related data in both paper and the database and ensure all employment requirements are met.
• Human and Crewing Specialist oversees related to employment, compensation, labor negotiations, and employee relations, raised by current employees and new hire.
• Also will facilitate daily HR functions like keeping track of employees records, supporting the interview process, organizing and scheduling orientations, and coordinating other HR functions.
• Main responsibilities are to monitor and supervise Offshore Catering Division main sections of HR and Crewing.
• Responsible to ensure all Division comply with HR procedures and processes.
• Redirect HR related calls or distribute correspondence to the appropriate respective HR.
• Maintain records of personnel-related data (payroll, personal information, leaves, turnover rates etc. ) in both paper and the database and ensure all employment requirements are met.
• Liaise with other departments or functions (payroll, benefits etc. )
• Support the recruitment/hiring process by sourcing candidates, performing background checks (if any), assisting in shortlisting, issuing employment contract etc.
• Assist in performance management procedures.
• Personnel Administration i. e. disciplinary, promotion, transfer, termination and resignation.
• Schedule meetings, interviews etc. and maintain the team’s agenda.
• Coordinate training sessions and or any HR events i. e. HLP, HR Open Day.
• Perform orientations, onboarding and update records with new hires.
• Assist in ad-hoc HR projects, i. e. succession planning, employee engagement feedback.
• Acting as a liaison between employees and insurance providers.
• Ensuring the effective utilization of plans related to HR programs and services.
• Support other functions as assigned.
• Responsible for checking the availability of crews as Relievers and Replacements for Off Signer Crews.
• Liaise with Resident Managers for Offshore Crew Change Scheduling Roster. Monitoring Number of days on board for all Offshore Crews on every locations.
• Accountable for booking Schedules of crews following the Twenty Eight (28) days to Thirty Five (35) days cycle for WOP Locations while 60 days cycle for Vessel and Barges.
• Liable to notify crews of their schedule bookings ahead of time thru calling, messaging or emailing them.
• Preparation of bookings following the Booking Format of respective Focal Points for every location.
• Submission of Crew Change bookings to respective Focal points Five (05) working days in advance of the Crew Change date.
• Obtaining Confirmation details from respective Focal points of Crew Change booking a day before the Crew Change Date either by calling, messaging or emailing them.
• To inform crews and Resident Managers of the Confirmation details by calling, messaging or emailing them.
• Arrange & Issue Job Orders for Offshore Driver to Pick Up and Drop Off Crews either at KBP, Anduki, STL & Government Muara Port or Miri/Brunei Airport.
• Custodian of E Kawal Cards of Offshore crews on their OFF days.
• To hand out E Kawal Cards of respective ON Signer crews.
• Issuance of Petty Cash to Offshore Driver for fuel top up and payment of Parking & Toll fees Offshore Work Time Sheet & Salary Voucher and Calculations
• Verifying Time Sheets submitted by the Resident Managers if it corresponds to Number of Days On board.
• Validate Salary Slip Calculations prepared by Offshore Salary Admin.
• Monitor issuance of salaries.
• Supervise Filing of Salary Slips and Vouchers by Offshore Salary Admin. Offshore Crew Records and Manpower Planning
• Updates & Keeping Tracks of Offshore Crews Training Matrix from time to time.
• Monitoring Expiry Dates of Trainings, Offshore Medicals and Vaccinations of Offshore Crews.
• Compilation of Documents for every Offshore Crews such as Training Certificates; Offshore Medical Reports and Vaccination Records
• Calculation of Manpower needed as per Position required in each location.
• Constantly coordinating with Offshore Human Resource Officer on Crews Employment Pass Validity, Passport Validity and Visas.
• Screening & Selection of New Applications for Offshore work.
• Assist on the Assessment & Appraisals for All Offshore Crews Performance.
• Approvals on Leave Application of Offshore Crews and their intended number of leave days.
• Supervise Offshore Human Resource Officer on the Issuance of Employment
• Contracts, Renewal of Contracts, Air Ticket Claims for all Offshore Crews. Also in the Calculation of Number of days leave taken.
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !