Position: HSE Coordinator/Officer
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
Important Notice: Tentative job opening for July 2019 Job location: Only qualified applicants with accommodation in Kuala Belait and Seria will be evaluated.
• We are looking for an energetic, dedicated, and responsible HSE personnel that will like join our team as our Safety (HSE Coordinator).
• This candidate must enjoy working under pressure and work long hours in a fast-paced environment.
• The candidate should have many positive and desirable work characteristics such as, patience, attention to detail, treat everyone with respect, and complete all jobs orderly and on-time.
• As this career involves deep commitment to work and safety, only serious, qualified applicants that are able to fully or reasonably fulfill the minimum requirements below should apply.
The candidate shall perform job duties and responsibilities including but not limited to the following:
- To perform various tasks including preparing daily and monthly reports based on client and Company requirements (which shall vary from time to time) including but not limited to the following:
1. Updating HSE and Business Key Performance Indicators (KPI)s;
2. Arranging, compiling, and filing all project-related documents e. g. security passes; vehicle trip orders; pre-job briefings, PAKATs etc. ;
3. Monitoring, compiling, and preparing personnel and vehicle/equipment compliance and trainings for security pass renewals;
4. Recording PPE and environmental waste register;
5. Assisting to prepare HSE documents and reports as required by client and/or Company;
6. Conducting all required HSE daily tasks to ensure safe execution of work and satisfying all required safety obligations, e. g. safety spot-checks, site inspections, emergency response plans, safety toolbox talks and monthly safety meetings, safety reports incidental or required for the task.
7. To advise and support management and supervisory personnel on HSE issues;
8. To execute accident/ incident investigations and recommend corrective actions for follow up and close out pending HSE matters. This work involves facilitating incident investigation, taking interview statement, obtaining pictures and preparing full incident investigation report with all involved parties; and
9. To develop and promote a strong safety culture oriented on behavioral based safety and accountability e. g. organize HSE campaigns.
1. Updating HSE and Business Key Performance Indicators (KPI)s and all other related reports including but not limited to man-hours, PAKATs, IVMS, safety reports, invoice payment receipts, etc. ;
2. Preparing, compiling, and presenting project-related documents in client and company operational and HSE monthly meetings;
3. Updating employee training records with HR department;
4. Updating vehicle maintenance and compliance records (e. g. road tax and insurance) with logistics department; and
5. Conducting all required HSE monthly tasks to ensure that Company is meeting safety targets and deliverables.
Other Related Tasks (as and when required and such tasks shall vary and/or broaden from time to time)
1. Providing scheduling assistance to the logistics and project operations team. For example, arranging driver trips, issuing the relevant transport service order documents and etc. in the event a transport supervisor is on leave;
2. Proposing and scheduling employee medicals and training appointments;
3. Preparing and compiling all job-specific trip documents in order to allow the project team to execute the job. For example, trip-related documents to support lubricant deliveries into Temburong;
To provide operational safety and administrative support to the project team as and when required including but not limited to the following:
1. Developing, implementing, and maintaining a document control system that allows HSE and operational documents to be systematically recorded and distributed to all relevant parties;
2. Creating tutorials and interactive learning materials to facilitate safety presentations and campaigns; and
3. Assisting the management team on planning and implementing new HR and HSE administration policies, SOPs and flow charts that may be implemented and revised from time to time for the client and company;
Minimum requirements for job candidates:
1) Be medically fit.
2) Must possess and demonstrate excellent written and oral proficiency in English and Malay, especially in writing clear, concise, and accurate detailed reports on timely basis;
3) Able to keep good reporting and documentation records;
4) Must have a minimum of 2 years of recent working experience in land transport safety field, preferably in oil and gas field or similar industry involved with lifting, hoisting and land transport activities;
5) Bonus to have valid NEBOSH International General Certificate (IGC);
6) Must have experience in HSE management and supervision;
7) Have own personal transport/vehicle;
8) Organized, diligent, self-motived and with positive attitude;
9) Good interpersonal, analytical, and critical thinking skills that can balance and optimize workplace safety and operations such as taking into account of the risks, possible accidents, possibility of the project being behind schedule, etc.
10) Possess deep analytical understanding and problem solving skills;
11) Can work in teams or independently with minimum supervision;
12) Must be flexible and capable to work additional hours or during weekends as and when required;
13) Ability to maintain poise and self-control under stressful and challenging situations;
14) Utilize professional approach to drive effective team working and facilitate diplomatic dispute resolution amongst parties in dispute;
15) Be willing to give, accept, appreciate, and learn from workplace constructive criticism with co-workers, suppliers, and clients and also do direct intervention into any unsafe work or activities in violation of client and company policies.
In addition to fulfilling the minimum requirements, we will like to indicate our preference for candidates that have the following:
1) Able to start work immediately;
2) Possess valid and certified HSE trainings including but not limited to:
a) Supervising HSE – IMS3;
b) Incident Investigation – INS1;
c) Environment for Supervisor L2006A;
d) Defensive Driving – DD1;
e) Emergency Response;
f) Permit to Work 2 & 3;
If candidate does not possess any or all of these qualifications, they must be willing to be bonded to our company.
3) Knowledge on vehicle maintenance and troubleshooting is an asset;
4) Willing to learn and adapt into new roles if assigned or as and when required;
5) Experience in managing misconduct and performance issues;
6) Desire to lead and motivate the team with a positive work ethic and safety culture;
7) Be willing and capable to work on Mondays to Saturdays without interruption;
8) Be willing and capable to commit to a work duration of at least 3 years or until project is completed, whichever comes first.
Application Submission Requirements
The candidate needs to submit the following documents by email to hr|go-liftco. com before job advert deadline/closure:
a) Compose an email with email Subject: APPLICATION FOR HSE COORDINATOR - KB/SERIA LOCATION
b) In the email body, provide _detailed description and justification on why you think you are the ideal candidate for this position_;
c) Provide any other relevant documents to supports your application
• Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Education Required: Ordinary National Diploma
Age: 24 - 30 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 600 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 23/07/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !