Position: HSE Officer
Total Vacancy: 1 Male
• Assist in compliance reviews, general risk assessments and other safety assessments to support Health, Safety and Environmental management.
• Maintain relevant HSE logs and documentation.
• Assist in the compliance of applicable laws and regulations.
• Prepare applicable HSE reports as necessary.
• Provide assistance and advice on HSE issues to make recommendations to facility management.
• Participate in detailed incident investigations and Root Cause Analysis
• Promote incident prevention for the benefit of employees and visitors.
• Assist in the development and presentation of relevant HSE training
• Observe HSE regulations, wears all required safety equipment, encourages safe working practices, corrects obvious hazards immediately or reports them to the proper personnel.
• Ability to work with employees and achieve cultural change in the face of potential resistance
• Maintain positive and proactive relations with managers and employees, as well as our customers and regulatory agencies.
• Perform other work related tasks as required as assigned
• Comply with all Company and HSE procedures and policies.
Facility Specific Responsibilities (but not limited to):
• Walk the manufacturing floor on a regular basis to establish HSE presence and provide support.
• Conduct daily and monthly HSE Meetings/Trainings and schedule as needed.
• Write, implement, and manage HSE Programs, Policies and Procedures
• Perform facilities HSE Inspections
• Ability to evaluate PPE and ensure proper use and maintenance of PPE
• Have knowledge and enforce compliance of Regulatory requirements (i. e. OSHA, WSHO, etc. ), including company HSE policies and procedures.
• Ability to oversee Hazardous Waste Storage area and ensure regulatory agency compliance i. e. labeling, containment, proper disposal, documentation, etc.
• Assist in emergency response and provide first aid treatment.
• Oversee Behavior Based / Observation Safety Programs.
• Develop Job Hazard Analysis (JHA)
• Follow Fall Protection program, inspect all fall protection equipment and maintain inspection records.
• Up to 20% travel to other factory, offices, outlet, store locations for meetings, training, inspections, etc.
• Assist in administering and maintaining compliance programs such as ISO9001:2015, Hazard Communication, EAP, Hearing Conservation, Hot Work etc.
• Perform additional duties as assigned by the management.
Education Required: National Vocational Certificate (NVC) or equivalent (NTC)
Age: 30 - 35 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 2, 500 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 04/04/2018
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !