Position: HSE Officer
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
• Support the development of health, safety and environment policies and programs
• Advise, instruct and conduct training on various safety-related topics
• Conduct risk assessment and enforce preventative measures
• Review existing policies and measures and update according to legislation
• Initiate and organize HSE training of employees and executives
• Inspect premises and the work of personnel to identify issues or non- conformity (e. g. not using protective equipment)
• Oversee installations, maintenance, disposal of substances etc.
• Stop any unsafe acts or processes that seem dangerous or unhealthy
• Record and investigate incidents to determine causes and handle worker’s compensation claims.
• Prepare reports on occurrences and provide statistical information to upper management
• Minimum 1 – 3 years of working experience
• In depth knowledge of legislation and procedures
• Knowledge of potentially hazardous materials or practices
• Experience in writing reports and policies for health and safety
• Familiarity with conducting data analysis and reporting statistics
• Proficient in MS Office
• Outstanding organizational skills
• Diligent with great attention to detail
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to present and explain health and safety topics
• BSc/BA in safety management, engineering or relevant field is preferred.
• Relevant certificate in occupational health and safety
Education Required: First Degree or equivalent
Age: 21 - 50 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 2, 000 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 05/10/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !