Position: HSE Officer (with NEBOSH IGC)
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
• To co-ordinate, support and advise the Business on all aspects with regards to Health and Safety.
• To establish, manage and monitor standards, processes, communications, training and systems to ensure all responsibilities associated with Health and Safety within the company are adhered to.
• Ensure a safe workplace environment without risk to health.
• Ensure that all Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
• Ensure the Company meets its statutory obligations in all areas pertaining to health, safety and welfare at work, including statutory training and reporting.
• Ensure the completion and regular review of risk assessments for all work equipment and operations.
• Ensure that all accidents are documented, investigated and recommended improvements implemented.
• Ensure that safety inspections are carried out, fire drills and fire alarms are correctly reported, safety inspections, risk assessments and lone working procedures are managed and employees are aware of their responsibilities.
• Co-ordinate the development of health & safety policies, systems of work and procedures.
• Ensure full and accurate health and safety and training records are maintained. Establish a full programme of documented health & safety inspections, audits and checks.
• Establish a structured programme of health & safety training throughout the Company.
• Liaise with external health & safety consultants in the provision of training programmes and health and safety services.
• Manage and devise the agenda for, chair and formulate & distribute minutes for the Health & Safety Committee meetings.
• Ensure that all agreed action points are completed within deadlines.
• Keep up to date with all aspects of relevant health, safety & welfare at work legislation and communicate relevant changes to the business.
• Provide regular reports to the Management Team on relevant health and safety activities.
• Participate in monthly meetings when required to report on relevant health & safety matters.
• Liaise with suppliers i. e. Insurers, solicitors etc
• Any other reasonable duties which may be required by management from time to time.
Qualifications & Experience
• At least 2 years recent and relevant experience in a similar role.
• NEBOSH (General Certificate) qualified or working towards Handling of H&S investigations.
• Experience of formulating, implementing and revising H&S policies and procedure.
• Confidential in all matters.
• Professional approach, coupled with strong interpersonal skills.
• Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills.
• Excellent verbal, written communication and presentation skills.
• Strong IT skills Ability to work on own initiative
• Ability to work in, and adapt to a rapidly changing environment.
• Ability to work co-cooperatively with others to complete tasks and implement process improvement.
• Flexible and co-operative at all times.
• An assertive but calm demeanor.
• Good timekeeping and attendance record.
• Neat and tidy appearance.
Education Required: Higher National Diploma (HND) or equivalent
Age: 25 - 45 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 1, 500 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Benefit: Yearly bonus but depends on performance
Closing date: 02/11/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !