Position: HVAC Supervisor
Total Vacancy: 1 Male
Purpose of Position
• The Supervisor oversee the day to day operations, and supervising a team of the Mechanical and Electrical Technician.
• The Supervisor is responsible for the mechanical and electrical maintenance, operation and repair of services for the company.
• The goal is to produce and maintain well-functioning electrical connections to minimize the probability of accidents as well as a preventive and reactive maintenance activities plan for all plant and equipment.
Tasks & Responsibilities
• Repair systems, plant or equipment to the required standard where necessary.
• Install, commission and service plant equipment where necessary.
• Diagnose, fault find, debug and commission systems where required.
• Provide out of hours cover where required.
• Responding to maintenance requests and planned preventative maintenance activities for plant and equipment.
• Responsible for ensuring that all staff and subcontractors’ response and rectification times are met and repairs are undertaken diligently, with due care and without undue delay.
• Follow up corrective actions and implement countermeasures to minimize reoccurrence of faults.
• Responsible for all equipment and facilities breakdowns, corrective actions and counter-measures.
• Ensuring relevant maintenance parts are sourced and reported in a timely manner to minimize disruption.
• Complete relevant paperwork.
• Test and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
• Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
• Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
• Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
• Advise management on whether continued operation of equipment could be hazardous.
• Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
• Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
• Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
• Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
• Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
• Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
• Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
• Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
• Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to electrical switches or outlets.
• Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials.
Only shortlisted candidates will be called for interview
Age: 28 - 40 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 1, 100 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 12/06/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !