Position: Head Chef
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
Purpose of position
• Head Chef is responsible in overseeing the kitchen’s daily operation and also for all culinary dishes that are prepared in each section.
• Manage everything in the kitchen section and maintain the highest standards of food quality and presentation in workstation.
• Works within the station in clean, safe and efficient manner in accordance with the policy’s procedures and standards of the kitchen.
• Developing new dishes and menus.
• Oversee the kitchen operations to ensure uniform quality and presentation of meals.
• Coordinate the work of the kitchen staffs and direct the preparation of meals.
• Preparing the menu planning and costing.
• Estimating food requirements and ordering food supplies.
• Ensure the stocks of all ingredients and materials are being kept and stored under the correct conditions.
• Diligently follow all of the hygiene requirements.
• Trained the kitchen staffs so that pleasing presentation of dishes can be made.
• Liaise with the operation manager or restaurant manager regarding selection of dishes, VIP’s functions, etc.
• Planning for the monthly promotion and up selling.
• To provide weekly duty and training schedule for the kitchen staff.
• Attends all company trainings as required.
• Adheres to all HR and company policies and procedures.
• Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
• Actively participates in training of culinary skills to junior staff.
• Keep overproduction, food wastage and spoilage to a minimum, ensures proper rotation, labeling, storing of food in order to reduce food cost expenses.
• Conducting stock takes; inventory according to company procedures.
Education Required: National Vocational Certificate (NVC) or equivalent (NTC)
Age: 25 - 45 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 1, 000 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 18/08/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !