Position: Heavy Vehicle Driver
Total Vacancy: 4 Male
• Responsible for transporting goods from one place to another using heavy trucks, including Tipper Trucks and Cargo Trucks with Crane.
• Operates trucks with a capacity of more than 3 tonnes.
• Primary responsibilities
• Deliver goods via a heavy truck, sometimes over inter-district routes
• Load and unload cargo
• Keeps record of the amount and type of materials and products transported
• Check all the documents relating to the cargo so as to ensure that everything is accurate and in proper order
• Ensure that the cargo or the goods being transported are secure for transport.
• Follow all applicable traffic laws
• Inspect their vehicle before and after the trip, and record any defects they find.
• Follow accident procedures if an accident occurs
• Report serious mechanical problems to supervisors / appropriate personnel
• Keep their truck, and associated equipment, clean and in good working order, including filling up on fuel
• Perform the basic maintenance work for the vehicle like checking the engine oil, cleaning the carburetor, checking brake fluids, and ensuring the proper functioning of all the other vehicle parts
• Get goods to destination on time
• Obtains customer signature or collects payment for goods delivered and delivery charges
• Take rest periods during trip
• Take special precautions while driving
Education Required: GCE ´´O´´ Level
Age: 25 - 30 years old
Driving License Class: 3--4--5
Basic Salary: B$ 20 / Day
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 30/01/2020
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !