Tasks and duties
* Designing outfits, garments and/or accessories.
* Creating sketches, plans, fabrics, textiles and samples.
* Producing finished items of clothing that are ready to sell.
* Researching production and manufacturing methods.
* Sourcing materials and textiles.
* Meeting production deadlines by liaising with clients and suppliers.
* Other duties as assigned
* Researching fashion trends and staying current on contemporary styles
* Attending runway or fashion shows to acquire new fashion ideas
* Developing mood boards to illustrate themes
* Creating sketches and prototypes
* Choosing materials
* Performing business administration tasks
* Marketing products
* Supervising or working with design team members.
Fashion Designer Responsibilities:
* Managing design process from conception through to final styling.
* Conducting market research to identify new trends, fabrics and techniques, and seeking design inspiration.
* Collaborating with team members to select seasonal themes, make edits to line, and create new concepts.
* Ensuring product is in agreement with business strategy.
* Selecting fabrics and trims.
* Creating production sketches for development packages.
* Collaborating with technical designer to ensure development packages are accurate.
* Reviewing product for style and fit during presentation.
* Presenting story, mood, color boards, and samples to buyers.
Fashion Designer Requirements:
* 5+ years design experience.
* Proficient with Microsoft Excel and Adobe Illustrator.
* Ability to do sketches by hand.
* Excellent design and conceptual skills.
* Excellent sense of style and color.
* Outstanding communication skills, both written and verbal.
* Ability to meet multiple deadlines.
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !