Position: Japanese Cook
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
• Must have background/qualifications in Food & Beverage.
• Experience in relevant industry is an advantage.
• Must possess a positive and professional attitude.
Purpose of Position:
• Preparing basic and servicing all food items according to the production standards established by Head chef.
• Operate the sushi section of the kitchen and maintain the highest standards of food quality and presentation in workstation.
• Ensure consistency in quality of dishes at all times.
• Ensure mise-en-place are replenished before each meal period.
• Ensure freshness of ingredients i. e. select fresh fruits and vegetables.
• Supervise and coordinate all preparation and presentation in section.
• Create a rich sushi menu with various main ingredients that includes maki, nigiri and sashimi.
• Prepare Japanese cuisine’s appetizers, soups, and salads.
• Cleans and maintains kitchen premises and comply with the workplace hygiene procedures and regulations.
• Maintain quality control with regards to production of food and maintenance of raw product.
• Performing key duties as assigned.
• Attends all company trainings as required.
• Adheres to all HR and company policies and procedures.
• Continually strives to improve self; knowledge and skills.
• Actively participates in training of culinary skills to junior staff.
• Keep overproduction, food wastage and spoilage to a minimum, ensures proper rotation, labeling, storing of food in order to reduce food cost expenses.
• Conducting stock takes; inventory according to company procedures.
Education Required: GCE ´´O´´ Level
Age: 25 - 45 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 1, 000 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 12/07/2018
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !