Position: Kindergarten Teacher
Total Vacancy: 2 Male/Female
SUNSHINE SCHOOL VISION
“To be a world class education centre that is dedicated to develop future leaders. ”
SUNSHINE SCHOOL MISSION
1. We are committed to //provide// outstanding quality education within a safe and happy learning environment that promotes good values, strong faith and culture;
2. Empowering students to acquire, demonstrate, value knowledge and skills to become responsive to the needs of the society.
Pre-requisition in applying as a teacher in Sunshine School
• Relevant certification/license in teaching or accreditation from MOE;
• Minimum of Higher National Diploma/Associate Degree or equivalent for Primary Level;
• Minimum of Degree (preferably in Early Childhood Education or with Child Psychology background) for Kindergarten;
• Minimum of 3-5 years’ work experience, preferably in teaching/tutoring/training/coaching background;
• Good IT Skills (MS Office, use of the internet for teaching resources, the use of apps for teaching/admin work);
• Good communication skills and self-presentation;
• Able to work overtime and under pressure;
• Has the passion and love to work with children.
Main Responsibilities as a part of the Sunshine School Team
• Adopt and work towards the implementation of the school development plan according to our mission and vision;
• Meet targets and deadlines as a part of a team in your department of teaching as well as their division of admin work;
• Participate in staff, group or other meetings related to the school curriculum, for the better organization and administration of the school;
• Give relevant support/advise and assistance to all in the area of your expertise and knowledge during school key events and activities;
• Contribute to the professional development of new teachers and student teachers;
• Give appropriate training and participate in sharing sessions with colleagues as a part of teachers’ development;
• Ensure you are updated in your area of expertise and knowledge to secure a future career in middle leadership in your faculty.
Overall Functions of a Teacher
• To teach and educate students according to guidelines provided by the national curriculum as well as the MOE’s vision and future strategic plan;
• To teach and educate students according to the educational needs, abilities and attainment potential of individual students entrusted to his/her care.
• To implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate;
• To monitor and support the overall progress and development of students;
• To facilitate and encourage a learning experience which provides students with the opportunity to achieve their individual potential;
• To contribute to raising standards of student attainment;
• To share and support the school’s responsibility to provide and monitor opportunities for personal and academic growth.
General Responsibilities as a Teacher
• Planning, preparing and delivering lessons to all students in the class;
• Teaching according to the educational needs, abilities and achievement of the individual students and groups of students;
• Assigning work, correcting and marking work carried out by his/her students;
• Assessing, recording and reporting on the development, progress, attainment and behaviour of one’s students;
• Providing or contributing to oral and written assessments, reports and references relating to individual students or groups of students;
• Participating in arrangements within an agreed national framework for the appraisal of students’ performance;
• Promoting the general progress and well-being of individual students, groups of students or class entrusted to him/her;
• Providing guidance and advice to students on educational and social matters and on their further education and future careers;
• Providing information on sources of more expert advice;
• Communicating, consulting and co-operating with other members of the school staff, including those having posts of special responsibility and parents/guardians to ensure the best interest of students;
• Reviewing and evaluating one’s own teaching and learning strategies, methodologies and programme/s in line with the national curriculum as well as the MOE’s vision and future strategic plan.
- Allowances based on Performance
- Housing Allowance for Foreign applicants
Closing date: 03/09/2018
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !