Kitchen Assistant Responsibilities
• Keeping kitchen areas clean and sanitized
• Washing all cooking tools and utensils fast
• Supporting kitchen staff by taking on food prep tasks
We are looking for Kitchen Assistants to clean our kitchen and support our cooking staff. This is an entry-level job but if you’re good at it, you’ll be invaluable in making sure our kitchen is always sanitized and tidy.
Kitchen Assistant responsibilities include washing dishes, cutleries, pots and pans, keeping floors clean, sanitizing food preparation areas and helping with food prep work. If you think you’ll enjoy the buzz of a busy kitchen, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you’ll help our kitchen adhere to health standards and service customers faster.
• Keep all kitchen work surfaces (counters, sinks, stoves, walls) clean and sanitized
• Sweep and mop floors at the beginning and ending of shifts
• Be ready to clean up spills to avoid hindering operations
• Wash cookware, utensils and cutlery fast to keep them in rotation
• Arrange equipment and ingredient deliveries
• Keep the food and supply storage areas organized
• Take out the garbage
• Help with routine food prep tasks (such as peeling and chopping vegetables)
• A fast learner with an interest in kitchen work
• The ability to stand for long hours
• Willingness to adhere to health and safety rules
• Good organizational skills
• The ability to work unsupervised in a busy environment
• Patience and cool-headedness
• A high school degree or equivalent
Only candidates with experience need apply.
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !