Position: Laboratory technician
Total Vacancy: 1 Male/Female
• He/She is responsible for all aspects of work relating to field sampling and chemical analysis in the laboratory.
Responsibilities and authorities
• Performs instrumental and non-instrumental analysis using procedures described in the Analytical Methods, without modification, and carry out analysis or operations only if that procedure or operation is documented.
• Prepares samples using the procedures described in the Test Method.
• Prepares reagents, standard stock solutions, working solutions as required for the analysis in accordance with documented procedures.
• Carries out quality control procedures and recognizes when data is unacceptable using guidelines stated in the Test Methods or in department´s Standard Operating Procedure.
• Calculates results and record data into the appropriate worksheet.
• Carries out routine maintenance and calibration of instruments and maintain documentation.
• Ensures tracking forms, reagents forms, standard and stock preparation logs, etc, are documented properly.
• Assists in the training of junior and new staff and maintain training records.
• Monitors the supply level required and ensures they are adequate to meet operational goals.
• Maintains a clean and tidy laboratory area and clean supply of glassware and apparatus.
• Provide assistance to laboratory supervisor and laboratory manager as required.
Minimum Competency Requirements
Education, Qualification and Experience
• Diploma and above in any discipline from College and University
• 1 year of experience in related chemistry analytical work
• Basic knowledge of ISO/IEC 17025 standard
• Applicable procedures, standards, and criteria on the related analytical works
• Equipment operations, maintenance and performance verification used in related analytical works
• Quality control activities in analytical chemistry
• Laboratory hazards and safety practices
• Discipline in documenting and carrying out procedures and tests
• Meticulous in detail and accuracy of work done
• Analytical and problem solving
• Time management
• Use of computer word processing, spreadsheet and database software
• Speaking & writing communication
Education Required: First Degree or equivalent
Age: 22 - 28 years old
Driving License Class: 3
Basic Salary: B$ 1, 200 / Month
Employment Type: Full Time
Closing date: 28/08/2019
New! View our jobs on FACEBOOK !